Could it be?

M&Ms

Reaction score
Started getting a few painful contractions last night which progressed into me rolling round the bed with what felt like appendicitis or really bad period pain - but it ended up a continuous pain rather than in waves :?

Worst pain I had ever felt in my entire life.

Rang labour ward who told me it sounded like a water infection. Well seeing as I have suffered those since I was 16 every couple of months I think I know pretty well what they feel like and that wasn't how it felt last night. I took a couple of paracetemol as they suggested and after a while the pain subsided so I knew it wasn't a water infection as paracetemol makes it worse for me. Plus, when I had my daughter she was back to back so all the pain from the contractions was in my back and spine, so whilst I know what water infection pain and appendicitis pain feel like, I don't know how a proper contraction should feel...

Still getting contractions every 10 minutes or so and had a very upset tummy this morning so fingers crossed something might be happening :pray:

good luck. hope the pain eases off tho!

It sounds like it is happening hun, if was a water infection you would know as you have had loads.
Just give the MWa bell again when they get closer together. ie every 5 mins. they will probably tell you to head in :D

Good luck :D

good luck if it is it- i'm not jealous! :fib:

Hi

Oh good luck hun!! just going to lay back down till Kiara wakes up then ill pop back on and have a chat with you !

Katrina

Hope something is happening for you...fingers crossed :dance:

Hi

where did you go hun your offline now gonna drive me crazy wondering if your okay .
Katrina

Well I am still getting some fairly strong tightenings but not as often or as strong as they were, so maybe it won't be today after all :(

Hi

aww hun i hope things pick back up soon, i know its a pain when things start and stop :hug: good luck hun
Katrina

Hi,

How are you feeling today? Hope things are really getting going now. It's so frustrating having things stopping and starting!

Heather x

Well it all seems to have ground to a halt again :shock:

I rang the hospital last night and they said I could go down if I wanted to or leave it a couple of hours to see if I was still getting the pains. I decided to wait a while and try and get some sleep, so I went to bed got myself comfy and fell asleep and now nothing. Hmmmmmmm :think:

Getting fed-up of this now. I wish this baby would make his mind up what he is doing. Are you coming out or not matey? :D

Hi

aww hun sorry it stopped for you i thought for sure i would have a message when i woke up.
At least LO can mature a bit longer :hug:
Katrina

After having pains for over 48 hours, I decided to go down to the hospital to get checked out. Did the usual urine test and I had postive on blood and protein so it is a water infection, not labour! :shock:

I have had water infections for years and thought I knew the symptoms - needing to wee alot, back pain, low down groin pain... didn't have any of those this time. Apparently when you are pregnant, because everything is sttetched out you can have the pains in strange places which it would seem is what I was getting. I have been given some antibiotics now to try and clear it up as just having the infection can bring on labour! Not sure if that is a good thing or not :lol:

So there it is, I'm not in labour at all :?

Hi

Oh hun :hug: at least you know what it is now and it will hopefully clear up soon for you :hug:
Katrinaxx

Sorry it was a water infection. Sending lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: .

Oh no, sorry to hear that. That happened to me at 27 weeks, i was getting some werid pains, so went to hospital and found out i had a water infection, it soon cleared up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back