• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

baby's middle name same as sisters?

littlemiss83

Reaction score
:wave:

We're still not 100% on names, we have shortlisted 2 of each sex, if its a boy it will have its daddy's name as its middle name (James) & if its a girl I like the name Jade as a middle name (for both the girls names on our list) but my question is....Is it a bit strange to do that? I would obviously say...baby is named after my sister, but its more so because I actually really like the name (as a middle) but she's 17 so I duno.

I think the name goes really well with the first names we've picked, just dont know if its a bit strange using sisters name.

What do you think (not of the name, but the situation?)

:oooo:

I think it's a great idea especially if you like the name anyway!

Really? Thanks!

Never heard of anyone naming baby same name as their 17yo sister before, mind u its not as if everyone would know thats my sister's name anyway

:)

I don't think its strange, I think its.nice! Myob son have got both his granddads names as middle name. Ansumaneh Bengt.

My daughters middle name is after my gran who died 10 years ago.

Just wasn't sure coz my sister is obvs still alive & is 17yo.

:oooo:

I think its a nice idea :) x

i dont think its strange at all, i think its nice and im sure your sister would love the thought of her little niece being named after her! :)

Thanks so much ladies.

Thats the thing tho - baby wouldn't actually be named after her in the sense that we want to use the name to represent her, its more....I like the name & its a coincidence she's named that loool - sounds a bit wierd I know!!

:)

Lovely idea Hun my girl middle names are my moms name and my sisters middle name :) x

lovely idea. have you mentioned it to your sister , you may feel better then

Thanks ladies

:hug:

I've still to talk to OH about it....:roll: I suppose it all rests on that. We've not even picked first names.

:roll:

My middle name is my mum's sisters. Dunno if its specifically after her, as i know it was my dad who choose it, but i think its lovely. xxx

I think its a nice idea too. My LOs middle name is after my mum and FOBs mums middle name, Elizabeth. I wanted it as a first name tbh but FOB wasn't convinced. He didnt actually get a say in the middle names :blush: It would have been Jack for a boy after FOBs friend who died 2 months before we found out we were expecting.

RIGHT - Wish me luck everyone!!

I will get names brought up with OH this weekend.

But its not only the middle names I need to worry about, its the first names too (for boy & girl)

We have a wee short-list of 2 for each sex but there's alot of different spellings for each name so need to chat about that too.

:wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back