middle names?

BeckyJ

Reaction score
what do you all think of middle names?

we have a boys name picked and middle name and were discussing girls names, we found a possible first name and when i said what about a middle name OH was like oh you want a middle name as well?

id like a middle name

whats everyones thoughts on this?

we were greedy and had 2 cos we couldn't decide :D

ryan zachary nathanael

bit of a mouthful!

it doesn't mean anything though, a baby doesn't have to have one, but if you do, check that the initials don't spell anything embarrasing. :D

we have picked 2 middle names for bubs...

see on ticker. Thats my Daddy (Michael) and OH's Daddy (Bernard - RIP)

:D

Lola doesn't have one as we didn't see the point :) OH doesn't have one but i do and never use it.
If we hadn't of been able to decide on a name together then maybe she would have had a middle name but we both really liked Lola and it stuck so we just left it at that :D

Isaac has my OH's name as a middle name and when we have a little girl she will have my name as her middle name. If we have another boy I don't know what we'd do? We couldn't use one grandads name and not the other. Maybe we would use OH's name again or have Isaac as a middle name? :think: That would be quite nice, little brother having big brothers name as a middle name :think:

I suggested to my OH we use his name as Isaac's middle name on the day we went to get Isaac registered and he was really touched and chuffed that I'd suggested it. I think he secretly wanted it but didn't like to say :D

we have middle names picked for all our baby names they are really unusual as we made most of them up :)
the first names we have picked are quite traditional so it balances out
manda xx

we've got middle names picked out for if we have a girl or a boy.

I don't know why though.... I think they are pointless. Both me and DH have one but never ever use them!

I think its entirely up to you if you'd like one then go for it I have a middle name im not that keen on and never use it (which I feel abit bad about cause is my nans name) my OH doesn't have a middle name and thats fine with him but alot of people seem to think its odd he doesn't have one. I expect we will give baby a middle name definately if its a boy cause want to use my brothers name as middle name but dont know if its a girl I like my sisters shortened name that we call her and could use that but not like her actual birth name to use as a middle name its too long.

I personally think it's nice to have a middle name. Jake's middle name is Andrew after his Dad and I know alot of people use family names. It doesn't matter if it's not a family name though. I don't think I know anyone without a middle name :think:

Well to begin with we couldn't decide on Daniel or Kai as a first name. We then settled with Daniel as he, when older can choose between Daniel, Danny or Dan, up to him. Kai we thought went quite well with Daniel...so Daniel Kai he is :D

I tend to call him Dan though most of the time :)

My family have always used family names as middle names, and so did I...if I didn't use family names I don't think I'd see the point of one :think: :D

My OH doesn't have a middle name and he's fed up of people asking what it is - hence why we picked one for our little-girl-to-be.

She's going to be Constance Jane :cheer:

I like them if only for the fact that if your child really does not like their given first name, they have another possible to fall back on and use.

I loathe my first name. I really do. I cannot believe my father chose it. However my middle name isn't so bad although I don't use that either. I simply use a pet form of my first name now. But on all official paperwork my given name is there still. I could change it be deed poll but in all honesty, as much as I dislike it, I manage fine with my pet name in day to day life.

What we consider tasteful or fashionable now could possibly be in years to come a tacky or overused name. Who is to say. I'd like to think that our child will like and appreciate the names we've chosen and why. But am realistic enough to know that at some point in the future s/he might not. In which case having a second name to use would be good. If they really don't like either then of course they are welcome to tell us what they wish to be called and we'd change it for them. If they are legally old enough to change their name, thats their perogative.

I know of 3 people who all go by their middle name now and won't use their first name at all. All three of them dislike their first names intensely but found their middle names(s) were likeable and took from there.

My Uncle and Auntie use their middle names instead of their first, must be a Northern thing!

I'd like a middle name for mine, but the ones I like I might want to use for another baby in the future so I'm a bit confused.

I do like them, they can be used, or not used! It's personal choice :) x

All of my dads brothers and sisters and my dad use their middle names it was just something in their family I think.

Our Middle names will be Joseph Michael or Bernedett Patricia after mine and my boyfriends mum and dad.

You don't want too many middle names...for instance my boyfriends full name is.....get ready for it..........

Anthony Joseph Lewis Kenneth Mark Corbett.

Its because He was meant to be called Lewis but his dad went to get the birth registered and was pished so decided that he liked his mate Tonys name so Lewis became Anthony....Josephs his dads name....Lewis is what he was meant to be called...Kenneth is a relative.....and Mark was his confirmation name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back