Most useful and most useless thing in your hospital bag?

Most useful - lots of babygrows and vests as they will probably get poo/sick down them. Magazines as I was induced and the first few hours were dull! Lavender oil to put on a tissue and smell which helped relax me. Dark brown towel lol.

Most useless - loads of scratch mitts and socks lol.

I had lots of cheap knickers from primark which i just binned, you might need socks, I got really cold at one point in labour and hab blankets on me but was still shivering. Snacks and drinks, good for you and birth partner! had way too many baby clothes, but it depends how long your in, i was out 12 hours after giving birth but had enough stuff for a few days

Most useful i would say definately a pack of cartons or bottles of juice, and a travel hand held fan. It is so hot in the room you give birth in. At one point i had 2 upright fans on me and my OH held the small one on me too...heaven. I also would advise plenty of maternity pads (i found sanitary towels made my stitches sore) and babygrows and vests for baby. Grace had a lot of mucus when she was born and had to be changewd 3 times in the first night because she kept being sick.

Most useless i would say magazines to read while you are in labour, but remember you might have to stay in over night so may be a good idea to have a book or mag to read then. I also took my big make up bag and to be honest i didn't care how i looked with no make up on, so it was a waste of time taking that!

Gemxx

Most useful stuff...

Lansinoh ointment if BF'ing
Bendy straws cut halfway down so you can put them in a short hospital cup and OH can hold it and you can sip between contractions.
Antibacterial wipes in case you want to use the bath.
Flip flops to wear in the shower.
Mobile phone
Snacks like fruit, biscuits etc. not for labour but for after. some hospital food is rank!
Cheapy pants from Primark, comfier than disposable pants and virtually the same price (sizes come up small though!).

Least useful...

Magazines (personally I didn't have time)
Ditto for PSP!

what a great post girlies, i want to start getting things for my bag soon, i know its a bit early lol

loads of ideas in here - thank you

Most useful - I packed LOADS of sleepsuits and was so glad I did as I used them all.

Most useless - spray can of Evian for my face. Pah! Never went near the thing.

Most 'useless' thing I took in was my book and glasses! - what was I thinking...as if id be reading!!!

The best thing I took where face cloths...it was so hot in the hospital and when your in labour they really helped me ..with cold water on them on my forehead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back