Baby weight

babybo

Reaction score
Summer is now 12 days old and we are finally getting her weighed for the first time today. How much is a healthy weight gain?? I'm paranoid she's going to turn into a chunky monkey!! She was 8lb 11oz born. Drinks 31/2 - 4oz every 31/2-4 hours?
Xx

They say between 4-8oz a week but dont be surprised if she hasnt put on any or has even lost weight as most babies do loose to start with!! I think my little guy put on 6oz from birthweight at the same time but I think they got his wight wrong at birth as I cud have sworn I saw a different weight on the scales but I was so out of it I cud have been wrong!!
xxx

Just got back and she's now 9lb 7oz!!!! Little fatty!! She's put on 12oz's!!! She's only 12 days old xx

That's great! Fin put on 19 oz in 14 days! He likes his milk!! Power to the porkers!! Xx

I'm so paranoid she's going to turn into a little chunk and not be able to move because of the rolls of fat!! X

I love having a chubster!! She's so cuddly. Immy lost 180g in her first week but she started out as 11lbs 11!! x

Alyssa is a lil chunk and has great chubby legs that are really strong. she supports herself on them well and can sit up already on her own for a min or so.

Finn went down to 6lb 1 when he was 5 days old, but then by his next check (9 days later) he'd put on a whole pound! He's a greedy little thing considering he's so small! He'll take 4 ounces of expressed breast milk in one feed, which seems a lot but he guzzles it! x

Awwww bless him! Well done you for getting 4oz in one feed!
I'm expressing but can only get 1-2 oz a time which we add to her formula to make up her 4 oz feeds.

She fed every 3 hours yesterday greedy guzzler!! But slept the whole nite xx

Wow you're lucky she'll sleep through! Finn wakes twice normally, so not too bad. Thè longest he'll go between feeds is 4 hours, at night he's no different. I am lucky that my supply had been good from the start, although in the evenings I struggle sometimes as he constantly wants to feed so we sometimes top him up with formula. x

id love to be able to have keira sleep all through the night, shes now on 5ozs every 4 hours x

Just had her weighed again.

Birth weight - 8lb 11oz
19days old - 10lb 2oz!! Little chunk!!
She's on the 91st centile line in the red book! X

Aila was 7lbs 1 when she was born ..a week later she was 8lbs 2 !! At 6 weeks she is 10lbs 10oz Shes is on the 75th percentile .. she is crazy long so she needs all the weight she can get ! :) x

Yeah Summer is really long. She was born at 20 inches and at 5 weeks she's 23 inches!! She's going to have legs to die for!! X

My little boy is 4 weeks and 2 days. He was 8lb at birth and now 10 14lb, I'm worried that is a bit big, his length is 56 cm so quite long.

Alyssa was 54cm and 10lb 14oz at birth, at 8 weeks she was 60cm and 14lb ish. at 16 weeks she was 18lb 1oz, shes followed the 98th centile from birth and isnt too fat, shes big and tall and has chubby cheeks to die for with huge dimples but shes not fat, ive fed on demand as much and as often as she wanted and its worked out great for us. dont worry they cant gain too much at this stage. they will slow down and gain less as they get more active :)

shes gone from this
SAM_0375.jpg

to this
SAM_0706.jpg

Last edited:
Aw she is gorgeous thanks. Our little boy only ever cries when hungry and is a good feeder, he is so content and think you right they just take what they need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back