FF Mummies - how much does your lo take?

Olive

Reaction score
Brody is 9 days old and weighed 8lb 11oz when he was born. He generally feeds every 4 hours and takes from 2-3oz's - mostly 3oz's.

Today his feeding has been all over the place as he's seemed hungry more frequently this evening. Just wondered if this was normal! Today's feed...

12.40am - 3oz

5.40am - 3oz

11.30am - 3oz

4.10pm - 3oz

7.30pm - 3oz

9.15pm - just over 2oz

Thanks ladies.

xxxx

Sounds normal for a newborn honey :)

I always find the weight calculation easy to help me work out what baby should be having approximately each day. You multiply their weight by 2.5 and that will give you the amount of ounces on average baby should be having. So a 9lb baby would take approx 22.5oz's a day as 9x2.5 =22.5

Hope that helps a little :)

Thanks Laura, that's really helpful xxx

defiantly sound right, and it's not to early for it to be a growth spurt!

F is a lot older, and is still on feed's every 4 hrs generaly he has 8oz (though he splits them in half and has 4oz when he first wakes and 4oz about an hour and a half later)

Thanks again :hug: x

Spoke to HV today and she agreed to try him on 4oz. We did this afternoon and he guzzled it...then spewed some back up :roll: Think I should have paced him a bit more. He gets upset when I take the bottle away, greedy monkey!

Yep my boys were eating like that at ur Los age! I kept a diary to see how much they were taking and to make sense of it all x

Sophie is the same :) she's finishing off her 3oz bottles atm so I'll up it to 4 tonight I think and see how she goes

it just takes time, my baby Chiara was a slow feeder but over time she soon picked up and now we have no problems

It looks like a good amount to me. Jack's a rubbish milk drinker always has been! He only took 2-3oz every 2hrs until he was 4 months old! Weaning helped but even now he's super slim (as in no fat, he's not under weight) and only takes 3-4oz per feed, 5oz on a good day! Luckily he loves food! lol x

I remember B just eating and eating in those early days so we just fed her when she was hungry! She evened out as she got bigger but has never been a big milk drinker - she's more little and often. Even now she only does between 26-30oz a day. Sounds like your little man is doing just fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back