baby VERY quiet....scared :(

claire2711

Reaction score
hey girls

had my 28week check up yesterday at docs, had blood taken and thats about it as they had booked me in for 10 min appt as usual. anyway, ever since then, baby has been real quiet and havent felt much from him. been using my doppler and heart is still beating away, but to me it seems a wee bit slower than usual. not felt any movements today, a couple of squirms but it could be my gut :(

dunno if this is worth mentioning, but when using my doppler i could hear my own heartbeat very strongly (think its the placenta). im really scared something is wrong :cry: ....especially after watching corrie over the past few days, its really freaked me out! :cry:

dont know whether to phone midwife or not, any of u guys had this? xxxxxxxxx

Give your MW a ring hun , thats what thwy are there for. Only you know if things arent "normal". You wont be bothering them. :hug:

If you are worried then I would call your midwife who will be able to advise you further.

If you can hear heartbeat with doppler though sounds like everything is ok but again if you are worried then I would contact MW, it will put your mid at rest.

How about trying an ice cold drink to get baby moving?

Hope everything is ok :hug:

Hey luv!

If you are at all worried, give the midwife a call! You will only be wasting your time, not theirs!!!

Try some fizzy pop or some iced water to see if you can get baba wriggling!

xxx

Hi

If you can hear the heartbeat I wouldn't worry too much, but you could ring your M/W or GP to be on the safe side.

My LO does this to me all the time now, has really quiet days (like 3 days in a row) and then kicks like mad subsequent days. I asked my Dr about this on Friday and he said if LO is kicking the placenta you won't feel anything.

Like I say if you are worried give them a ring

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Mx

hun go and get checked out..even if uts to ease ur mind..during my last 10 weeks my LO did this all the time i got on first term names with the MW's on the ante natal assesment unit. they told me thats what they are there for..so dont feel daft if u get up there on the monitor and baby begins kickin like mad..that happend every time for me :oops:

hope all i8s ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think there are loads of people whose babies have quiet days. I do know how worrying it is.

Maybe you should call your mw or your delivery suite and go in and get checked. Could put your mind at rest. Baby may just have changed position :hug: :hug:

I would go and get checked just to be safe although im sure all is fine, but if nothing else it will put your mind at rest :) :hug:

ring ur midwife hun, it'll put your mind at rest x

If the heartbeat is good I'd not worry overly. Give your MW a call anyways and explain less movement but still sounding fine with the Doppler. She may say to go get checked out, or to do a kick chart today and see if you record 10 movements. See what she says :)

Try having a cold/fizzy drink and a lie down also for a bit and just resting your hands on your tummy and seeing what you can feel. Don't forget around this time also LO's tend to go from kicks to wriggles and squirms and its a different feeling when they do this. I often don't notice them when moving as my own movement covers them up.

May also be your LO has turned round and is kicking into your placenta so you are not feeling it so much.

I always do the cold drink, lie down and kick chart if my LO has a quiet spell. After a few hours I usually find I'm detecting movement, just its maybe not as noticeable as it sometimes is.

hey girls, thanks for the replies.

phoned midwife, got an appt at daycare centre in hosp at 12 for a trace. will let u know how it goes xxxxx

hey gals!

well i sat strapped onto the machine for about an hour......it was measuring bub's heartbeat and movements. after a wee while, he got pretty active! just little kicks sometimes, so i guess he's just having a sleepy day :cheer: MW says everything looks fine. was bursting for the loo, not helped by james making me laugh! so glad ev is ok with bubs, and thank you girls SO much for helping to put my mind at rest! have some cake.....

3092_MEDIUM.jpg

x x x x

Don't mind if I do :)

I am so glad everything is ok. The monitors have secret communications with bubs (or they can hear their own heartbeat echoing back :D )

Glad your mind has been put to rest now :hug:

glad everything is ok... Baby smile is having a sleepy quiet day too - just wants to cuddle mummy all day! and he's nearly 4months old so your little bubba is allowed to have a lazy day too :) :hug:

Thats good to know :) Usually they are just having a quiet day is all :)

Does it say on your notes where your placenta is? Might also be kicking into that so worthwhile knowing so if there is a change in position you will know.

And btw, thats a pic of my wedding cake (not the actual one I made but the one to go with the recipe) :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back