baby surname

birthdaygirl

Reaction score
hi my son and his partner have just given birth to a little boy my first grandson. last year in January they lost there second daughter rose. they have all so got a daughter lily-Mae she is 2 years old. my son's last name on his birth certifficut is ord as me and his dad where together. we split up when my son was 9 months old. so when he went to school he was known by my surname of Meredith, and has all was being know by Meredith. so when they had there first daughter he gave her my surname and so he did with his second daughter rose. but now they have a son he want's to give him a total different surname now. which is so confusing to all of his family never mind the poor children when they grow up. so they have called him Harvey John Jamie junior. so his last name has a suffix in it as a bubble barrel d surname as well. so his surname will be Jamie junior. surely they can not do this in this country. he said they do it in America but we said this is the UK not America. but i know it his his child but it is them who will get picked on at school and questioned when older not the parents other children will think they have different dad's when they have the same dad. please help

Last edited:
Do you know what his reason was for giving his son a different name? It does seem strange that your son and his partner would give their children two different surnames - is he giving his son his partner's surname?

And welcome to the forum :wave:

Yes they can do it and he's probably doing it because it's his first son and i'm assuming Jamie is your sons name Jamie junior is his way of showing it's his son if you get what I mean it's his little boy?? Just make him different to the lil girls x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back