Baby snatches hands away

Karenb

Reaction score
Whenever me or anyone else giro touch Sophie's hands, she snatches them away. She's generally not affectionate at all. People have reacted like it's really strange, is it? She's 7 months.

Not strange. My daughter is exactly the same. She doesn't like her hands being held at all.

Felix is very affectionate but he's really not keen on his hands being touched. He'll let me do round and round the garden but wouldn't like them being held, I don't think it's unusual xo

Last edited:
Karen my LG is the exact same!!! Is that way with her full arms. I'll be at a baby class and we are told to take our babies hands to sing a song and I'll fill with dread and just usually give up because she goes bananas!! I was googling ages ago cos thought was so weird!

She has become marginally better recently but has a low tolerance. If she knows why I am touching her hands (like in her bath to clean them) then she is okayish and will accept it a bit more. Oh man, total divas! X

Haha okay that makes me feel better then! People seem to act offended! She hates getting dressed too- mainly the arms bit! Hope she wants to hold me hand when a toddler!

Lily's the same karen I thought it was due to eczema on her hands but maybe not. She also hates getting dressed especially the arms although these days she hates even having her nappy changed she will arch her back when I try to put the clean one on! She likes to touch my face though (sometimes scratch it too). It's a shame because I live to hold her hands xxx

Jackson was the same when he was little and now hes 3 he still wont hold my hand unless its windy, busy or crossing a road.

He went through a stage of shouting help HELPP whenever I took his hand or arm for the road and would be pulling away.

Looked pretty dodgy going down the street :lol:

xxx

Getting dressed is a nightmare! Also putting on her jacket in a public place - I usually need a bigger sized jacket so I don't need to bend her arms so much or else it sounds like I am trying to murder her :lol:

Oh wow so similar, I thought the arm thing was just Sophie too!! She can be as happy as anything, then go to put her vest on and she bursts out crying!! X

:) is comforting to know when it's not just your baby who is a weirdo hehe!! I mean who even wants a baby who just lies there quietly whilst getting dressed - what a boring life those parents must lead lol :roll:

Exactly, the battle makes us a stronger person...... Ha xx

Haha this is funny my little girl is the same. I dread changing her nappy and getting her dressed. Even when I just lay her down she starts kicking of and trying to get away... Divas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back