Finding their hands and hurting themselves!

daftscotslass

Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago Becky discovered her hands and ever since has been fascinated by them. She now swipes and grasps for things as well as sucking her hand when she's upset and rubbing her eyes when she's tired. Two days ago she started to grab my finger and stick it in her mouth! However...

I'm scared she's going to hurt herself! When she's waking up and dozy or in a bad mood she is yanking at her ears, nose, lips and eyes. Anyone else's LO do this?

daftscotslass said:
About 3 weeks ago Becky discovered her hands and ever since has been fascinated by them. She now swipes and grasps for things as well as sucking her hand when she's upset and rubbing her eyes when she's tired. Two days ago she started to grab my finger and stick it in her mouth! However...

I'm scared she's going to hurt herself! When she's waking up and dozy or in a bad mood she is yanking at her ears, nose, lips and eyes. Anyone else's LO do this?

I was worried about this too!!my LO doeas this all the time mostly when he is tired . what i have to do now is always have scratch mits or socks in my pocket or next to the crib and then as soon as he gets tired i quickly put them on his hands and once asleep ill take them off. i dont like to leave them on there too long so his hands are restricted.Its the only way i can stop him form scratching himself and he too rubs his eyes when tired. im hoping he will grow out of it!

I thought lil miss would end up yanking her ears off at some point... now she just twats herself in the face with her toys or bites her fingers and hurts herself :roll:

Luke constantly smacks himself in the face and head unwittingly. Never seems to hurt him though. Matt and I wince every time but I guess it's just part of him growing. I'd not worry toooo much :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back