Mummy on the edge!

BabyBrain

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of exploding big time! Was even contemplating going to stay at my mums for a few days and leaving Bertie with his dad.....how bloody terrible is that? I feel like I am going mad and just wish everyone would leave us alone.

After my bad day on Wednesday it's just gotten worse! Now, although I call her the MIL she technically isn't. She moved in 2 weeks after my OH's mum died, was introduced to the OH and his sister at her funeral ffs. That aside, if she carries on interfering I'm going to explode at her. She's never had children, for which she does have my sympathy cos I do know how it feels, but then I never forced my baby raising opinions on anyone else, especially when her advice includes mixing a bit of scotch into Bertie's milk to help him sleep :shock:. The fact that her mother did it to her is no fucking excuse imo. We've had a bad night last night, to which she just laughs and says stupid things whilst pinning me in the corner of the kitchen as I'm holding a scorching microwave steriliser in my hands....which I had to use as the stupid old bag emptied the sterile bottles out of it and stacked them up in a fruit bowl full of old fruit :slap:. She's totally in Bertie's face and kisses her lips and whistles at him.....he's a baby not a fucking dog! He hates it, their ears are sensitive and she nearly always makes him cry and after listening to him all night it's the last sound I want to hear. Then she'll kiss him, laugh and walk off leaving me to settle him yet again. Every time I try to do something she snatches it out of my hands and takes over, I stabbed myself with a pair of scissors the other day cos she did this. The only thing she has bought him is a doorway bouncer thing from a car boot sale that's scratched to bits, the fabric is fraying and it's heavily stained......and I'm meant to be grateful that this monstrosity is now taking up room in the lounge until he's old enough to use it.

I honestly feel like I'm going mad. Knowing I could be stuck here without being able to drive for another 2 or 3 weeks is just filling me with dread. Everyone has said they'll come and pick us up but saying and doing is very 2 different things with my family and I feel physically sick thinking I'm not going to be able to get away from her :cry:

Sorry for the rant girls xxxxxxxxx

What!!!!! Did I read that right?? Is she your Oh's dads gf?? Who moved in 2 weeks after his mum passed away??????

Before I rant on I just need to clarify that? X

Yep!!! His mum died suddenly of a brain tumour. They had a feeling that his dad was having an affair just before she died and then this woman is produced at her funeral. Oh and to top it off their congratulations card was signed Grandad and Nanny :shock: My OH was so upset :(

:shock::shock: bloody hell. Go to our mums and get LO and your oh with you... As about scotch in the milk I am sure social services would like I hear her ideas....
Bloody hell :shock:

Oh hun :hug:

Not much I can suggest really, are you still looking to get your own place?

We are saving like mad to move out but it's so expensive round here. Can't really move too far cos of OH's work. Might try the council again but doubt I'll get anywhere :(

Bloody hell, what a nightmare. I cannot believe your OHs dad would not have a bit more respect! She sounds like a right crazy bitch, I wouldn't want her near my baby either!

Hope you manage to get something sorted soon hun xxx

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After my dad having a affair whilst my mum was in hospital with pre-eclampsia when pregnant with my brother who was concieved on IVF after 9 years I have a instant hatred for women like her. What a silly silly bitch!!! How dare she back my girl into corner and give you such grief! Next time she does it accidentally throw something over her and next time she whistles in Berties ear do it to her when shes asleep. I can not believe you are having to put up with this shit at the moment. Big cuddles from me and AJ honey. xxxxxx

Oh my god! She sounds like a nutcase! Can't believe she moved in that fast too.

I would be out of there quick, is there any where else you can go hun for a break?

Oh my goodness, that sounds horrible! Have to agree with Leanne... Whistle in her ears and see how she likes it!

Just quit being polite to her and tell her to shut the fuck up!
Tell the council your being kicked out and they have to sort something for you fast

Omg I'm shocked! Can u not all shift to your mums?? Also badger the council like mad? That's crazy :shock:

Utterly speachless. Hope you manage to find somewhere to live soon hun I know the feeling my MIL is always trying to give "advice" im getting sick of it. Dont want to worry you or anything but just watch that she dosnt do anything stupid like putting scotch in teh bottle whilst your not looking. She sounds like the sort of person who would do that. xx

I am astounded! Tell her to f off! What an absolute ass she is!! Cannot believe she was at the funeral! Shocking! X

That's awful! Definitely keep hassling the council... You can't stay there - the woman is horrendous!

SNAP!! Shall we move in together and split the bills 50/50.

I know how you feel from my rant the other day. It's so hard saying something as its their house and their rules.
Just think like I do every hour. It's so worth it in the end. I'm going to have a lovely house and garden and they won't be coming round!! (ha ha maybe I can't get away with that).

But just do what I do count to ten walk off and make a sarsatic remark to myself. If I say it out loud to myself I don't go mad.

Least they don't have a dog!! Hahaha

Oh my goodness what a hideous sounding woman, it sounds like she needs a slap. Definitely keep badgering the council, tell them you've been kicked out as a homeless lady with baby is put to the top of the list. If you can go to your mums you so should but take LO and OH with you.

Sending you big hugs, I hope things brighten up for you soon.

BB you poor thing!! i know quite a bit about housing as it was part of my job so if you need some advice about trying to get a council place just PM me.

you need to say something to her! i know it will make it awkward in the house but you cant keep going on like that its too stressful and is obvs making you unhappy ! you dont have to do it in a horrible way but just say you need more space or something...?

big big hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

get onto the concil say your been made homeless given a week/2weeks til your sue to be kicked out that you have no where to go and you have tried to find pravite properties and failed stay there til something happens i did it i was crying having panic attacks everything they will sort it then and there x x x

Feeling a bit calmer today. She actually suggested that we let her and the FIL take the baby away for the weekend yesterday, I just laughed in her face. When she asked the OH about it he told her straight away there was no chance of even babysitting lol. My mum was a paediatric matron and mum and dad are foster carers so they have to do all the first aid and stuff for kids so they are designated babysitters. I spoke to my OH about her last night and he's in full agreement but has made me promise to leave it to him to sort out. At the end of the day she can't argue with him whereas with me she has this dominant female crap going on.

Will definitely tackle the council again and start looking through the ads again for private rentals too. Thanks girls xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back