Gift lists

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
So I was thinking about setting up a baby gift list so that we can keep track of who's getting what and letting people know what we want. I have family all over the country so it's hard to keep track!
Has anyone done this?
Can anyone recommend a good website? One that's free and easy to use (for my older family members!)

I know mothercare do one but not sure if it's online or not. Plus i hate them at the moment so can't recommend them :mad:

I was hoping to do something generic so that I can add stuff from different shops.
What have mothercare done?

Completely screwed up our nursery furniture order and now the range we wan is discontinued so we can only get 2 out of the 4 items we wanted cos the others are no longer available online or in store anywhere. I could cry!
What about starting up a blog with likes to the things you want? And referring people to your blogspot? X

Ive got family all round the country and abroad so Im In the process of setting up a list on Amazon and at John Lewis. That way people can buy us specific things or just send us vouchers for those stores. When I send round the list I'll make a point if saying they can also choose something themselves if they want.

Completely screwed up our nursery furniture order and now the range we wan is discontinued so we can only get 2 out of the 4 items we wanted cos the others are no longer available online or in store anywhere. I could cry!
What about starting up a blog with likes to the things you want? And referring people to your blogspot? X

so inconsiderate, how can they do that! was it sale items?

Pinky - im finding the gifts thing a bit of a nightmare too! i'm really lucky coz we are getting most things bought for us but i'm finding people are getting offended if they offer to buy us something and then i tell them someone else has already offered :roll:

i would like to do a list but i know my family (paticularly my dad) wouldn't like it! xxx

My mum think's I should e-mail people to ask them if they are getting me anything, but I'd prefur to say something along the lines of

'this is a list of what we need from what shops. If you are wanting to buy something towards the baby and give us a hand. It's totally up to you what (if anything) you get us, this is more so we can keep track of what we need and who its from, if you want to buy something from the shops and not online, we'd apreciate it if you could let us know so that we can make a note of it and make sure it's not duplicated.'

We have just been having this exact same conversation - we have been lucky too and are being given lots of stuff however my Mum is now being a bit pathetic saying that there is nothing left for her to buy the baby! (Being given cot, pushchair and car seat), I was going to do a list of stuff that I would really like to have new and email it round as I didn't realise that John Lewis/amazon do them but they make total sense, will have a look now! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back