Baby Showers

Rachaellius

Reaction score
I just wondered if anyone was going to have one? I know not many people have them until about 8months but i just wondered whether anyone had thought about it. I want to have one but I don't want to invite people and for them to think i'm being cheeky for expecting gifts or something. Also does anyone actually know what you do at Baby Showers???
xxx

I am having a joint one with my friend in november! We r just inviting family and close friends x

---
-

Im not.. purely cos I dont have any family here and all my friends here are actually the wives of OH's friends... who I only see once every few months.

The ones I've been to have generally been organised by friends for the mother-to-be. We've had food, played silly pregnancy/baby related games and given gifts. I made a quiz for one: pics of pregnant celebrities to name, pregnancy/baby multiple choice questions etc. Name top 10 girls/boys names that year etc. ooh, I hope I have one ;)

I live in Canada and everyone has a baby shower for their first pregnancy. it's usually put on by your Mom or MIL, and mostly involves family and close friends. We always play fun games and eat lots of food. The games can include tasting baby food and guessing the flavors, and cutting a string and seeing who is closest to having the string going around the mama's belly. We make registries here too with everything you need for the baby, and usually people will go in together to buy the bigger items. The Dads to be also sometimes have diaper (nappy) parties. It's just a reason for the guys to get together for a drink, but all the guys who attend bring a package of diapers. Lots of fun! And everyone does it so it works out that you will get your turn to get gifts, and people don't think of it as a gift grab :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back