Baby only sleeping when held - help!

My boy was the same. For the first couple of nights I put his mattress into our bed, and slept with my arm around him so he could smell me nearby, but would also get used to the mattress. Then I gradually moved him into his crib, and kept my nightie under his mattress again so he could smell me. We kept the crib next to our bed as well. By the end of his first week he was fine in his crib on his own :) hope this helps xxx

I was told to raise up the Moses basket at the head end so he was slightly upright rather than flat down, then to put a t-shirt in that his daddy had worn and smelt of my hubby (apparantly anything I'd been in contact with was no good as I smell if milk and make him hungry and therefore unsettled whereas daddy is a comfort smell) swaddle him up in a muslin or something then just before he goes in warm it up with a hit water bottle this will make him think he us getting lovely comforting daddy cuddles rather than going to bed and he will feel safe and settled, it worked a treat for us.

It may be that he's going from your warm arms into the cold Moses basket and that's waking him - try putting a warm fleecy blanket in the basket or a hot water bottle for 5 mins before you put him?

But I would also say cuddle away, those newborn cuddles are amazing! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back