baby names :-)

yeah i want a quite original name as i like my name - not many cherelles about! x

What a lovely idea for a thread! It is very early days for us so we haven't come up with anything concrete and OH thinks it is too early to be coming up with names at all :rolleyes: This is why I love forums like this! :p :)

I quite like Charlie for a little one, so Charlotte or Charles I guess? :) and Georgia/George are nice names too :)

Hi Girls!

Good idea for a thread, I get funny looks of the other half talking about names at this stage!

I have some that I like- Sienna and Summer for girls and Charlie for a boy, it it harder with the boys names though..

x

yeah summer is a lovely name, my OH is adament on us naming our kids welsh names though - hes very patriotic! :-s

Oh wow - i love Mali! Never heard it before - can't use it though, my husband would freak at a Welsh name :roll:

If we have a boy we are considering naming it after my OH, James, but i don't think i want two of the same in the house so are looking at Jim or Jimmy but i can't decide if i like or not. Some days i love Jimmy, and some days i hate it - there was someone called Jimmy in Australian Masterchef and it sounded a bit like Jenny :roll:

I also like the idea of naming after my father, John, so Johnny or Jonathon but i think i prefer Johnny.

Both Jimmy and Johnny can be shortened as they age for more maturity.

I'd like names to have a sentimental attachment if i can convince myself i like it :D

Not telling you my girls names because they have no sentimental attachment and therefore more prone to being nabbed! I've got my eyes on you... :looped:

i mean... no one can steal my OH's or father's names lol

Last edited:
Louise - A couple of my aristo friends are James and it is shortened to Jamie rather than Jimmy.

I think John is a very underused and undervalued name right now - no doubt it will come back in to height of fashion at some point. Johnny sounds really good as a little boy to me and he will have the more sensible John for when he wants to be taken seriously as you say. I wouldnt dismiss it.

xx

Louise - A couple of my aristo friends are James and it is shortened to Jamie rather than Jimmy

Whats aristo? :oooo:

Yeah, don't really like Jamie, even though my husband family call him it. I knew a horrid girl at college called Jamie and i think it's more like the female version nowadays, in the US anyway :)

Last edited:
Ah, fair enough. Aristocratic / posh.

I have a bit of an upper class family. Friends with the Queen sort of stuff (hangs head in shame!)

As soon as I'm preggers I'm going to buy a baby name book defo. My OH rarely agrees with me if I say any names but I quite like:

Girls - Isla, Aiofe (e-fa - although my sil likes eva so thats out!), part of me likes Olive as was my nan's name, but OH would never go for it! ooh and like Eilidh (e-lee). Quite fond of gaelic names.

Boys - quite like Jacob, Cameron, Callum. OH likes Connor.

Girls - Isla, Aiofe (e-fa - although my sil likes eva so thats out!), part of me likes Olive as was my nan's name, but OH would never go for it! ooh and like Eilidh (e-lee). Quite fond of gaelic names.

Boys - quite like Jacob, Cameron, Callum. OH likes Connor.

Oh you've got some great names :)

I really like how Isla and Aiofe (not heard it before) are pronounced, but i am way to literal to be dealing with silent letters and things lol

I love Connor too. I once met a little boy on holiday called Connor - i was only young myself - and this baby boy must have been about 18 months and he had this really posh accent and was speaking better than most adults i know. A bit like Stewy in Family Guy lol I was fascinated by him :)

Ah thanks chick.

Lol that sounds a bit scary! My mum is anti connor. She's a teacher and says they're always naughty! I don't know...lol.

xxx

Hiya, scared to say this for fear of upsetting a load of Connor fans but when I went and did some literacy teaching in a Youth Offenders prison about 60 % of the white males were called Connor, I kid you not. I think it must have been a very common name amongst a 'certain type' during the late 80's early 90's, not long after Highlander I would guess! So the conetations to me are 'badly educated criminal!'

ha ha starfish, maybe my mum is right then! lol

Loving seeing what everyone else's names are, have a few ideas but like cliqmo OH saying it's too early yet!

I like Amira for a girl and Nabil for a boy. There are some really lovely names here.

xx

Lol this thread makes me laugh....I remember when my son was born (4 years ago) he was just called baby Mendy (my surname) as I could just not decide. I lay in hospital with the book and could still not make up my mind. Just before I left "Joshua" came into my head and so it was.... This time round will probably be just as bad cos I get ZERO input from OH. I like Iona for a girl and hmmm erm damn I still cant do boys names lol.

i can't think of one single boys name that i have ever really liked!! xx

I think when the time comes, we will know their names by just looking at them.

xx

my mum and dad had the name kerry for me but my cousin was born a few months before and was named kelly. im not keen on kerry (sorry!) so was glad they changed it. anyway, my parents told me that the midwife said 'she looks like a sarah' and they both agreed which is how i was named - and i prefer sarah!!

If I was a boy my parents were going to call me Merlin! Lucky escape there I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back