Baby moving prior to labour

dpsrm

Reaction score
I've read that babies tends to slow down their movements before labour begins to conserve their energy. Well I'm 39+4 and all he does is move! He is such a fidget! :x I just can't see a natural end to this pregnancy!!

Has anyone else had their baby move all the time and gone into labour at around the same time? Has your baby stopped moving for a certain period of time and then gone into labour? If so how long did you not feel your baby move before you went into labour?

I hope that all made sense !
:?

Tia was a constant fidget.... and well in 8 years nothing has changed... :roll: I went into labour naturally... I even felt her moving while I was in labour... she didn't like the monitor on my belly apparently... :roll:

Mine 2 never slowed down either, both were induced labours and 40+ weeks but like Squiglet i felt movement in early labour as well.

my mw told me that babys movements are not meant to slow down as labour get closer and that if you notice they are makin less movements or not reachin the ten movements a day then you should contact your mw or hospital. my dd never slowed down and she was 2 weeks late, my dd1 did slow down and when i went to hospital for a check i found i had lost a lot of my waters without knowing so they induced me. i even felt dd2 movin during labour lol she was quite a wriggler.

xxxxx

If you're movemnts slow you need to speak to your midwife, especially at your stage. I think its an old wives tale to be honest. If the movement has changed dramatically either way you should speak to your midwife. Please don't ignore it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back