Quiet period before labour..

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
Has anyone heard or felt that babies can go through a couple of days of quiet period just before labour begins, saving energy for their grand entrance? My friend swears hers did this but then I'm guessing not all babies are the same!

Hi

Everyone keeps telling me this too and my baby is still moving as vigourously as ever! This afternoon I asked the midwife and she said she didn't think there was much truth in it but that each baby was different... some do slow down just before birth but some continue to move as before! :roll:

i was googling this the other night, lots of women said theirs stayed active right up to and during labour some others said they had a quiet patch just b4....

keep guessing when its going to happen hun, its the longest guessing game you'll ever play :rotfl: :rotfl:

My MIL says this is the case but I dont know

my baby went quiet but then hit 38wk she got really active and didnt stop, was still wriggling through my contractions which didnt help lol

My baby has been SUPER active for the last two days. Moving so much and all the time, been making me feel a bit queasy. I hope this is a sign that labour is closer :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back