Baby massage

Susanne

Reaction score
Went for the second time today, and Samira hated it just as much as she did last week. I thought they were supposed to find this wonderful?! Anybody else's baby not following the textbook??

I'm hoping to join baby massage in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed he likes it.

Maybe 3rd time lucky?

Georgia didn't like it the first time, and was very very wide awake after it.

But the second time she giggled the whole way through, and slept lots!

Think they're a bit like us and it depends on their mood. Xxx

Emily neither likes nor dislikes it. She is more interested in looking at what is going on around her... Certainly doesn't find it relaxing! I enjoy it though! :)

Logan slept the whole time and I wasn't allowed to massage him so had to massage a doll :wall2::wall2: lucky me lol. My friend was lucky enough to massage her sons legs though :)

Oh no, I'm starting a class on Tuesday & am worried Isaac will hate it & scream the place down!

I start in 2 weeks, Joe screams everytime we take his clothes off so I'm not expecting a very calm session!

I massage Jasper all the time, just to relax him as I spend all day trying to find things to keep him amused and it fills ten minutes.....

But what I have learnt at home on my own is the following:

He doesnt like having his neck touched

he likes a muslin over his torso so he doesnt feel naked

he likes me to warm the oil by rubbing my hands together first

I always talk him through what i am going to do before i actually do it (i know that sounds mad but seems to work)

I dont spend too long on it, just 5 - 10 minutes, then he starts to get bored

Hi, my mum has just trained as a baby massage instructor and you are only meant to massage them when they're alert but calm, if they are sleepy or uptight then they don't like it. I would say don't give up yet you maybe just need to catch her at the right time. It would be worth sticking with it to find put what to do and when is the right time.lus I believe it's great for colic etc xx

Logan slept the whole time and I wasn't allowed to massage him so had to massage a doll :wall2::wall2: lucky me lol. My friend was lucky enough to massage her sons legs though :)

Ha ha. I did have to ask permission. Maybe you should ask logs nicely next time. He he x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never Went to classes but learnt off You tube. Might sound silly bathe was really suffering with wind But near enough as soon as We started massage winds a thing of the past. I don't bother If he's too tired and find before a bath helps him sleep even better x

Ha ha. I did have to ask permission. Maybe you should ask logs nicely next time. He he x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's the bet next time we go he'll be sleeping again. Ill be an old pro at massaging, just not a real baby lol

Tegan wasn't keen the first couple of times but enjoyed it after that. I also had the joys of massaging a doll once as she slept the whole session! x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back