Baby kicking

twitch

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just mad, but last night I could swear I felt the baby kick. I was lying in bed on my back with my hands on my stomach, with my little fingers where the womb would be. I didn't have gas, and suddenly I felt something kick my left little finger! I'm not mad am I? I didn't think you could feel the baby til the second trimester. I did also have a very full bladder at the time so the womb would have been near the surface. :pray:

it possible? Is this your first baby... usually in 2nd or 3rd you can feel the baby really early. I think I was about 14 or 15wks when I felt the little kicks and then 17wks at the big kicks!! :shock:

No I'm 18 and this is my first. I know it wasn't gas lol

It's possible you might start feeling little flutters, like bubbles or trapped nerves fluttering around from around now. Everyone is different, commonly it's around the 15 week marker for 'most' but no two people are the same. I felt my first flutters etc around 14 weeks and my first real kick at 16 weeks (mothers day strangely enough). Everyone is different though some don't feel their kicks untill they are into 20 weeks, 22 weeks etc. You are supposed to feel things earlier if you are a) expecting your 2nd, 3rd, 4th child etc as you know what to expect and what it feels like etc and b) if your slimmer. Well I'm expecting my first and was a hippo pre-pregnancy so look like a beached whale now so I don't think that's got anything to do with it what so ever. If your feeling flutterings/bubbles etc enjoy it, it's your LO alright!! xx

I'm not exactly skinny, but not huge, im 12st pre preg, huge hips so im in size 14s, it didnt feel like bubbles like i've heard it felt like a proper kick =/ but I know it's not really possible so now im confused.

i felt my 1st flutters at around 13-14 weeks.. perhaps your dates are ever so slightly out? have you had a scan yet?

Nah I had an emergency scan at 9 w 4 d and I was measuring ok.

I personally think it would be too early to be feeling proper kicks at 12 weeks as the baby is still so tiny at that stage.
When I first felt kicks at 18 weeks it felt like bubbles bursting or popcorn popping. It's only been over the last 3 weeks or so where she has started kicking 'properly' the bubbles popping came first before I felt kicks. But as they say......we are all different and feel things at different times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back