Baby is STILL scratching his own face !!!!

CARNAT22

Reaction score
It's driving us crazy!

I file his nails every other day or as soon as there is any nail to file yet he still claws at his face. He looks like a battered child today :shock:

He's done it since birth and I remember MW telling me that they do not actually advocate the baby-gros with inbuilt mitts any more as they prefer babies to learn early on not to scratch themselves. The theory is by letting them do it they realise it hurts and stop... We tried to let him 'learn' and 7 months later the kid is still scratching himself???

What to do?

Last edited:
I don't know Nat but I'd be very interested to hear responses. O doesn't do it every day (or even every week) but he is a scratcher & when he does it he really does give himself a good going over.

Prior to the past few days James hadn't done it for ages actually but he has gone to town on himself

xxxxx

Maybe the eczema is playing up? Jack scratches his arms to pieces but only scratches his face in his sleep or by accident xxx

I didn't think of his skin, although it's really not that bad on his face?

I've currently just popped Sudocrem on him as that clears up scratches quite quickly

xxxxxxxx

Aaron is permanently covered in scratches ... He's not learned yet zzz let me know if you suss it out!

Tapatalking!

James normally gives himself one massive rake across his big forehead before we're due to be weighed or see the Dr lol... Thankfully I bite my nails so hopefully they see it's not me scratching him :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

My daughter is the same and it does my head in! She never seems to be without a scratch on her face! Doesn't help that she's a thumb sucker and sleeps with her hands over her face :doh:

M gets covered in scratches sometimes. It's so frustrating!
I would think maybe the eczema?
Not sure how you dan stop him doing it, could you out socks on his hands if its during the night he does it?x

ruby only scratches her face now when she's stressed, overtired, rly hungry etc, and she sleeps with her hands on her face alot, she stopped at about a month old although i wonder if its cos I only put mittens on her for first week or so, (and when we're out in the cold,) got sick of the things coming off, worse than socks IMO!

Harry is constantly scratching himself no matter how hard I try to keep his nails short. I try not to worry too much as I don't think it bothers him and they'll probably be getting into much worse states once they're properly mobile! xxx

Jack did it a lot until he was about 7-8 months old. I remember a big one he did across his eye lid. It looked so sore. I don't think they relise they're doing it half the time. I think it's just where they twitch and move in their sleep, they just catch their face. Harry's a tummy sleeper so can't scratch his x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back