Nails

twinkle84

Reaction score
My baby has scratch mitts on still and people keep saying when will we see his hands? in particular my mother in law, which goes dowm well! Anyway, what can i do about his nails, to stop him scratching himself? I dearnt cut them, can i file them? thanks xx

I nibble my Islas nails when she is asleep or feeding x

I file them when he's asleep. Tell your MIL to go make herself a nice cup of 'shut the f*ck up' next time she's round! Stupid woman.

Tegan is 8 weeks old and still has mittens on most of the time! i nibble her nails whilst she's on my Boob but there still sharp xx

I cut livs from day one she's never worn scratch mits and now she sits and has them done when she's awake too x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i file them whenever noa is in a good mood. i cant stand his nails scratchin my boob when he feed, it hurts!

I nibble them too I did try cutting but cut one too short never doing that again my other two's nails where that thin they just snapped all the time and never needed cutting but herbies are terrible when he has his baby grow on I always fold the sleeves over still.

i either bite them off or use those little clippers x

I bite them too. I can do one hand in like 2 minutes lol Hes never worn scratch mitts.

The only problem I have is cos he's got clenched fists all the time his nails get dirty!

I have always bitten my daughters nails too and she never wore mittens.

xx

I use the little clippers on all my three from about a week old I only leave then a week coz I find there is a tint bit more akin under the nail at first lol! Don't know if it's just my babies haha!! But Chloe still wears scratch mitts she is 9 weeks and 10 weeks on Monday I think they keep her little hands warm as she like the feel of them when she rubs them across her head if she hasn't got them on her moans when she rubs her face lol the fussy bugger!

i use baby scissors when she asleep only used scratch mits in first week

I honestly never used mittens , but if you want to its nobody's business :) . I tried to cut Aoibheanns nails when she was a week old .. lets just say that was stupid . After that I used to nibble them after a bath when they were soft and she was sleepy and relaxed .

Thanks so much everyone! I dont mind him wearing the mitts at all and esp in this weather, im just worried I will never take em off haha! Lots good ideas so thanks again. I think i might file them because I tried biting them and it went a bit too far down and i felt awful, he didnt muff bless him! Also like ZMD said they are still sharp! x

Evie, thats so sweet, her own little preference! Aiden rubbs his face with the mitts a lot too! x

Gemma, thanks so much for that comment it really cheered me up, you have no idea arghhhhh xx

i got my SIL to nibble Laylas today for me cos i didnt want to hurt her or cut them, lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back