Baby having a quiet few days

xkikix

Reaction score
Hiya,

My baby was really quiet over the weekend, he's been squirming about lots today but I havent been getting proper kicks for a while now. I got so concerned I even got the doppler out to have a listen in and his little heartbeat sounded normal. Back at work today, everyone says i've got alot bigger since they saw me last wednesday. Hubby reckons its cus he's running out of room, as I am MASSIVE! I honestly dont think I can get any bigger! Has/did anyone else find bubs didnt kick so much at around my stage?

I can't really remember that particular stage but your baby is beginning to run out of room and can have periods of quiet/sleep time so don't worry too much. You have your doppler for re-assurance which is nice.

If you're worried just ring your MW or the Mat Unit and they will take you in for monitoring. It's quite normal though I think. (Oh, and growth spurts often make them quieter too!) :hug:

My bubs is having a quiet day today, I only felt him move once which is very unusual but I think he is running out of room in there. Over the past few days I watch my tummy & can see him wriggle but I cant really feel it as such, its weird. I have been told to keep an eye on him though and if Im concerened to call birth centre or midwife like Debbie said

xx

I'm having the same thing. Had to get my doppler out a few times cos he was so quiet.
I think maybe they are going through a growth spurt around now. I've also been getting period pains, increased hunger and nausea which in the past has been a sign of a growth spurt.
I'm sure my bump has got bigger all of a sudden too.

I've just googled my gestation (almost 32 weeks) and have copied and pasted this from 3D pregnancy.com

The Baby
He's becoming quite a big baby, your little one! He's about 16 inches long and almost 4 pounds now. Your child is so big now that the space in which he moves is very limited. He can't make any more major movements - a final turn-around before he engages, at the most.

He is defo squirming around alot more this morning and I feel reassured that a few of us at my gestation are experiencing the same! Thanks Girls xx

Mines run out of room already and I no longer feel the kicks its more wriggling, squirming and moving around. Head down also and I get most of my visible movement around bellybutton height and over :D

Also lots of times when LO has a deep sleep and hardly moves, but then is active lots later.

I do try the 10 movements thing from time to time and its amazing I can count them inside of a few minutes, let alone longer :lol: :roll:

10 movements in 12 hours is ok according to the MW i saw yesterday, although I have heard that 10 movements in 2 hours is what they like to see- so who knows? I'm going with what the MW said yesterday! I'm less likely to panic then!

I spoke too soon, baby woke up and moved so much it made me feel queasey :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back