Baby has been quiet

Hazel

Reaction score
For the past week baby has been getting less active. I'm not getting as many kicks but still getting wriggling just not as often as she was. I can see what looks like a big fat bum (takes after her mother :lol: ) sticking out at the side by my belly button so very wonky bump. Getting a sharp painful feeling in my bladder now and again so I think she's kicking inwards and maybe I'm not feeling everything :think: ?

I'm assuming this is because she's running out of room now as she's getting bigger and I have nothing to worry about???? Just need my mind put at ease. Got doppler out this morning and she sounds fine just being quiet.

Maybe LO is running out of room. I know mine did and the movements felt like they changed i.e. as apposed to feeling kicks it would be more like roles and body parts sticking out when LO stretched.

As long as you're getting your 10 movements a day, all should be ok. If you are worried though, check with your midwife xx

Each baby is different, Tally did this last week and they told me she'd run outta space and thats why i couldnt feel kicks, just twitching and squirming, they told me to count each "squirm" or twitch as a movement rather then look out for the big kicks and feet sticking out. However she's now back to shoving hands and feet out in every direction so i'm not quite sure what was up with her before.

If you're at all worried ring your midwife and they can check baby isnt distressed at all and the hospital even scanned her and checked the postion for me.

If you're happy you're feeling some movement, even if its not normal for baby, and you're dopler is helping out you're mind at rest then i wouldnt worry. Chances are theres nothing wrong but thats not to say we wont worry all day! I was nearly in tears over it all cos i googled it and found lots of scary stuff.

I'm easily feeling 10 movements a day but was just a little worried as movement pattern has changed. 2 weeks ago I could have set my watch by her but now it's all random times.

I'm seeing midwife tomorrow for routine appointment anyway.

Mention it tomorrow, mine wasnt botheres as i was still getting movements. But i know what you mean about hcanging patterns, i always know when she should be awake and she wasnt doing it, when i got nothing out of her all evening i starting to panic

If you are getting your 10 movements I'd not worry overly. I remember I used to be able to follow LO's pattern in the 20's weeks but once I got to 31-32 weeks that pattern stopped and it became far more random. Don't forget also babies go into deep sleeps in the womb and can do so for a fair few hours at a time.

At this point the movement patterns often change and also how they move. They go from kicking to squirms and wriggles as they start running out of room. Also you may find your LO is now remaining one way up (or down) and not turning from top to bottom as once was able to do. This will affect what you feel and how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back