Baby gone really really quiet, is this normal?

flaxen

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it was normal for baby to go really quiet and hardly move if mum get really upset? She is usually really active but since yesterday morning I have hardly felt her move.

As said in my other post I am having a really bad week, particularly yesterday and am really upset and not functioning well ( more auto pilot really).

Ive hardly eaten anything more than a couple of biscuits ( when Im upset or stressed I go off my food rather than eat more) all weekend and am not allowed to eat or drink anything now as I have to have a glucose tolerance test in the morning ( more sodding needles, my arm still hurts from thursdays lot they drained off me and now they are going to knacker the other side too) as my glucose has gone from nothing to off the scale in 2wks.

I have to have a scan too as baby is measuring 3wks smaller than she should be.

Could she just be quiet because Im upset and she can tell or is something else wrong?

Have a cold drink Mayer some choccie and lie on ur left side if still nothing I would ring mw to be sure. X I am sure she is fine!

It's probably just because you're upset, but I would still get it checked out as soon as possible, for your own peace of mind as much as anything. If I were you I'd call the hospital and see what they suggest - I hope she wakes up to give you a good kicking soon!

I know u cant eat anything cos of ur upcoming glucose test, but try lying on ur left side and have an ice cold drink.
Im sure all is fine and as uv been very upset, it may have just tired her out. Give ur mw/hosp a call if u dont get much reaction from the drink xxx

i agree with the girls try an ice cold drink and lying on left side if all else fails give mw a ring might b worth getting checked just to put your mind at rest xxx

Could it be that you haven't eaten anything all weekend?? If you are feeling drained because of stress and not eating properly maybe its that?? - dunno. Good Luck for your GTT tomorrow xx

i read that if you were stressed or upset baby does go quiet x its like a defence mechanism to save energy x x dont worry x x

warm bath then cold drink should wake LO up xxx

Thanks guys, she is absolutley fine. I had a scan this morning and although she is small she is healthy, the sonographer said its probably because Im upset.

MW said to me today that if there is ANY reduced movement you must be seen and monitored x

So sorry u r hang such a bad time of it recently but really glad your baby is fine. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back