Quiet bump

Little Bump

Reaction score
Anyone elses bumps have quiet days??

Just recently Sydney's been SO active, constantly sticking out feet in odd egg-like lumps and bumps, kicked and spilt a cup of tea I was inconsiderately resting on her yesterday!

Today she's been really quiet. I know she's ok in there, I've felt and seen her shifting her body about a bit, but there's been no kicking or prodding as such, just body shifts and a bum sticking out once or twice.

Does anyone elses bumps do this? The reason I ask is that when I mentioned it to Mum earlier she was going 'Ooooh they go quiet before they come out!!' and her uterus was practically contracting in anticipation of her grandaughters arrival :rotfl:

apparently the saying they go quiet before they are on the way is a myth but they do have their quiet days so unless you really think movement is a big worry then i wouldnt worry too much about it.

In my last pregnancy, tj was really active but the last few weeks he was quiet i knew he was alright my midwife just said " Where do you expect him to move around to, theres not alot of room in there" :rotfl: You will be fine Sydney probably getting her sleep now so she can be wide awake for you when she arrives :hug: :cheer:

Yeh she might have turn inwards so not able to stick her hands out kwim!?

When Evie's back to back I get LOADS of movement, but when she turns and faces the side slightly or anything, they reduce. I do think it has a lot to do with how they're laying - Also, Sydnee has hardly any room now! I bet she's thinking "I would move Mum, but I bloody can't! I'm squished! Help!" lol :hug:

If you're ever worried, go to the hospital to get checked out, it'll put your mind at rest and they should be able to check your placenta just to A-OK everything :hug:

I dont get kicks as such that much anymore.... my days are mainly filled with movement instead & the midwife was fine with that after all kicks or just moving the words they use in my notes are "fetal movement felt" :wink: i wouldnt worry, like others have said its getting tight in there now, prob cant put legs or arms out enough to give you a proper jab :D

i dont get alot of movements during the day atall, nearly ALL mine come during the night :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back