Baby Carriers

lea554

Reaction score
Hey all :wave:

Im really keen on getting a baby carrier, but they all seem so different, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

From looking online, it seems babybjorn and ergo are two good ones, and they cost about what im willing to pay. I would be looking to use it as soon as I get it, and would probably use it quite often. For when LO is older, I would also like the option to wear on my back as well.

Any opnions/suggestions welcome!
x

I love my moby wrap, I don't like the structured carriers like baby bjorn ones, and Seb loves it too! I wouldn't have been without it!

I would recommend moby too, I love it! It's great cos you can do different holds depending on how old they are, it folds up for easy carrying too :)

Moby is fab but can't be used with a back carry as the fabric is stable enough (too stretchy). Rose and Rebellion are meant to be fab but they are by far one of the most expensive, and as youve said, the ergo, Ive also heard good things about. These can both be used with a back carry once the babys old enough. I have a connecta which I wouldnt be without. Lovely patterns and very comfy. I still wear my baby on my front but as she's getting heavier (she's probably just over 16lb now) Ive started to wear her on my back more often and its just as comfy.

The moby wrap is fantastic in the early days though, and it was a sound investment as I sold it on once Id finished with it and it didnt lose much value. You could buy a mei tai wrap from ebay which is about £20. I still use this around the house as its nice and light and quite dainty compaired to the connecta.

I have a 'structured' one like baby bjorn and can only use it for about 10 minutes at a time cos it absolutely kills my shoulders! It puts too much of the weight into a small area iykwim? I wish I had got a moby or similar early on, I haven't bothered getting one now cos it seems a bit late to get the money's worth :)

I have a 'structured' one like baby bjorn and can only use it for about 10 minutes at a time cos it absolutely kills my shoulders! It puts too much of the weight into a small area iykwim? I wish I had got a moby or similar early on, I haven't bothered getting one now cos it seems a bit late to get the money's worth :)

You can use the moby until they're quite old-can't remember exactly how old though x

True you can't use it for back carrying but tbh it's so brilliant I'd recommend it anyway

Thanks everyone - didnt really consider the 'soft' type carriers, but seeing as the moby seems to get great reviews, i may consider getting one and seeing how we get on with it.
I just hope my LO seems to follow the trend of falling alseep whilst in it - knowing my luck, she will scream the place down!

I've tried just about every type of carrier going lol!! Favourites definitely include the Moby wrap, but out most favourite (esp as now LO is geting heavy!) is the Wilkinet - it's somewhere between a wrap (it's a tie on) and a more structured carrier (it has a big padded piece as well as the ties) but is FAR more comfortable than a traditional structured carrier. I have a baby bjorn carrier and it really hurts my shoulders!! My favourite though, albeit completely unsuitable round the house - is the Cosatto Alpino. We just bung him in and go trekking through forests, over hills, you get the picture - and LO is happy as larry :)

I know this is an post from May, but as this carrier got worse feedback , I just wanted to say I have a baby bjorn (original design, as second hand from my sister), and it's brillilant, had a few others many years ago with my older kids and thhey were shocking. This one is so easy to get the baby in, I need no help, no ise of sofa etc when strapping in baby, can do it myself, standing up in seconds. My shoulders did hurt a tiny bit the first times I used it, but as I use it more and more, no problem, my shoulders adjusted to it. I now use it all the time, as Devon is quite stroppy but when in carrier he is a star!

I just did the race for life (fast walked), 5K in 50 mins with Devon on my front, he started facing forward, fell asleep, I stopped and turned him round to rear facing, (head support!) , and then he slept pretty much of the way round till the finish line..

Anyone have an ergo carrier,with some feedback?
Looking to buy one as mine only goes up to 25 lb and Devon is already 17.5 lb. I hear the ergo goes up to 5 years. I really enjoy the closeness that carrying brings

Last edited:
check out

www.slingguide.co.uk

for info on what sort of carriers are best for baby, you will find 'harness' carriers like BabyBjorn are not great as far as babies comfort and spine development.

Cant go wrong with a nice soft mei tai in my opinion (i have exlusively worn Jasper since birth, he is now 1 and has never been in a buggy - have suffered no back pain and his hips are developing beautifully)

yes we have the baby bjon, again second hand from sis. I like it, we live on the coast so its fab when we go to the beach and go for our coastal walks xxxxxxxxx

Imo the carriers like baby bjorns do not provide appropriate support for babies and are generally FAR less comfortable than good alternatives like stretchy wraps, woven wrsps, mei tais or good soft structured carriers like the Ergo or Manduca to name just a few.

I really can spell, my ipod just prefers typos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back