baby bump

georgie1991

Reaction score
im 17 weeks pregnant, and alot of other woman round the same stage as me are showing but im not showing at all apart from my bum has grown according to my mother.
is this normal, or will it be another few weeks before im showing?
i can feel the baby there n wen i need to go to the loo it really sticks out but apart from tht, theres nothing there :(

what stages did the rest of you start to show

xxx

I think this is normal. I've started showing a bit now though but not much and its more so before I go for a pee first thing.

If you look at the 'tummy pics' section, you'll see there's a huge variety of sizes of bumps for around the stage you're at - everyone is different, so don't worry!

I was about 16 weeks before I started to get a proper bump, and once it *does* start growing, you'll find it moves pretty fast :hug:

im glad im not the only one, but some woman look absolutly enormous and thn they tell me there only 17/18 weeks im completely shocked.

Yes, I know what you mean i'm 15 weeks and no bump yet. I'm a size 18 though, so I guess if I was smaller a bump might be more obvious? Who knows. It'll happen soon enough!

wouldnt worry hun, I amnt showing at all yet either.. Some days I look a bit bloated and think thats it starting then the next day..nothing again x

yeah i was a big girl too before i fell pregnant, i was a 14/16 before so thts probs why im not showing yet.
its horrible tho, coz im getting like a look to me, but i just look like ive eaten too much coz there no actual bump just yet.
i cnt wait to get past the bloated stage n actually have a bump. saying tht wen i get into my 3rd tri ill be wishing i didnt have a bump and hoping it will hurry up and come out

Mine started at 18 or 19 weeks, but even now ive only got a very small bump in comparison of all the other girlies on here. Your baby bump will come soon :D

saz-jay said:
Mine started at 18 or 19 weeks, but even now ive only got a very small bump in comparison of all the other girlies on here. Your baby bump will come soon :D

i thought i wud be alot bigger by now tho, every time ive had a scan the lady has always said tht the babys big for its weeks. its always bin on the larger side :( but thts not so reasuring when it comes to pushing it o

Sometimes the babys right up against your back, so it takes longer for the bump to come through, i think thats what happened with me aswell. As for how big your lo is, i wouldn't worry just yet, babys have growth spurts during pregnancy so it might even out abit later on :D

i really hope the baby evens out, i dnt wna be pushing a watermelon out, rather have something smaller :) wud be more ideal hehe
but its probs against my back, i get alot more back twinges thn i do anything else. probs why im still not showing

Make a pregnancy ticker

If this is your first, then its perfectly normal.

With my first, I didn't show right up until i was about 20-25 weeks.. no one could tell i was pregnant at all..

You might "thicken up" a little around the hips and bum.. you will get your bump.. but it'll take a while. And when it's there you'll forget why you got so worried in teh first place! lol :hug:

SoonToBeMrs said:
If this is your first, then its perfectly normal.

With my first, I didn't show right up until i was about 20-25 weeks.. no one could tell i was pregnant at all..

You might "thicken up" a little around the hips and bum.. you will get your bump.. but it'll take a while. And when it's there you'll forget why you got so worried in teh first place! lol :hug:

yeah my mums already said my arse looks wider thn usual n im more rounder.
i dnt mind not showing, but i keep getting comments from other people making out tht theres something wrong with me
im just having one of thm days really
everything is getting to me

:hug: :hug:

I've had my round bump since 7-8 weeks or so. I had to go into maternity wear from about 14-15 weeks because I was really showing... baby bump feels huge now! I'm so uncomfortable at night and spend ages trying to rest it on the body pillow in a way that lets me fall asleep; if I roll onto my back in the night I can barely move 'cause of the back ache the next morning lol! I think if you do develop one later it probably is frustrating not to 'look' pregnant, but make the most of being able to wear normal clothes and still gettingabout like you did before pregnancy :D My OH has to pull me off the sofa every night lol! xxx

awww theres me complaining that im not showing, but wen i am ill be just as bad.
shud really enjoy it while i can :D :D

Hey!

I'm 17 weeks and 2 days and this week my bump has REALLY started to grow. I was wondering when it was going to happen but now it literally looks bigger by the day. My OH couldn't believe it this morning that it looked even bigger than yesterday. But I'm a lot smaller than some other people I know who are around the same stage as us. I guess everyone is different and when it happens, it'll keep on and on until we're wishing we had no bump at all again!

x x x

i shudnt really wish my pregnancy away i shud enjoy it whilst i can
im starting to show so slightly so hopefully it wnt be long till im enormous :)

:hug: :hug:

georgie1991 said:
yeah i was a big girl too before i fell pregnant, i was a 14/16 before so thts probs why im not showing yet.
its horrible tho, coz im getting like a look to me, but i just look like ive eaten too much coz there no actual bump just yet.
i cnt wait to get past the bloated stage n actually have a bump. saying tht wen i get into my 3rd tri ill be wishing i didnt have a bump and hoping it will hurry up and come out

i'm exactly the same hun wwas a 14/16 before too and i only have a bump when i lie down and desperate for a pee!!

i look like i have eaten too many pies and my boobs are huge! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back