Baby bump? When did you get yours

Ttc1234

Reaction score
I'm quite slim (sz 8 dress sz and bmi 21). I go to the gym three times a week so I'm quite active ( not so much lately due to nausea).

I'm just over 14 weeks just wondering when everyone started to show? I just feel bloated and fat without any actual bump.

Also is it safe to continue the gym-I've not told my instructor and just taking it easy!

Thanks

I started getting a small bump about 16 weeks... Now it's huge compared to then (23weeks) I'm dreading full term... I'm naturally a bigger girl uk14-16 I'm now 16-18.... 18's are baggy around my legs but fit bump nicely :) I've just stuck with leggings through out pregnancy as it's cheaper than buying jeans that fit properly. I cannot wait for my feet to stop swelling so I can break in my doc martins though!

I would go but take it very steady... Maybe focus on swimming and gentle jogging.... Even yoga or Pilates :) I only know because I worked in a gym some years ago :)

I am fairly slim size 8/10 but it's my second baby.Still no bump at 14 weeks which surprised me, I was late to show last time as well.I just seem to thicken out which isn't a great look.
I think different bodies show differently but if you're quite fit it will probably take longer xx

First time I showed at about 18 weeks. This time I think I could already see at 10 weeks but maybe I just like like I've been on the mince pies to other people who aren't scrutinising as much lol
I do triathlon and kept very active in my first pregnancy. I ran a race still in my 30th week. I swam up until the day before my waters broke in the training sessions for my triathlon club, kept up running until almost the end but slowed down a lot and found that I couldn't get up the hills on my racing bike even at the beginning of tri 2, which surprised me.
My doctor said to me that as long as you did the exercise before and your body is used to it, then it's fine to carry on. I wouldn't do any weight lifting or anything though as your body is losening ligaments etc to gear up for the birth and I'd be worried about pulling something.

I am a size 12 & 17 wks pregnant with my second. I have a bump, it's only recently it's popped out. Last week folk probably thought I had just had a good Christmas! X

I'm 20 weeks now.
I was size 10-12 prior to pregnancy. I had to buy 12-14 clothes in early december - I could still get into my old jeans but couldn't fasten them and couldn't sit down comfortably in them even with the button left undone.
Last week I had to go out and get some size 16 leggings and underwear because even the size 14 leggings were getting tight on the bump. When I get bloated too (which is at some point most days...) I look HUUUUGE.

Exactly the same as sammielou above. I was a size 10-12 pre-pregnancy and over the last few weeks had been wearing my normal clothes but finding them increasingly tight. This week I'm having to give in and buy a size up. I don't have a clearly defined "bump" as such, more just a total lack of a waist and a flabby middle. I've always been prone to bloating but I'm finding I'm even worse now I'm pregnant - on a bad day I look massive and about 6 months pregnant.

Just to add - I thought I'd be proud to show my bump off and in the early stages I couldn't wait to get into maternity clothes. Now I just feel massively self-conscious and worried that I'm fatter than I should be at this stage. Aaaarrghhh!

I'm 14 weeks with my 3rd and I'm a size 8 too, normal BMI is around 22 point something, but my booking in appointment last week I'd gained a few pounds so official BMI is 23 exact.
Anyway, my bump is already noticeable and has been since about 8 weeks LOL.

Having said that, it was just bloat before and no one noticed until I was around 12 weeks, so although it was noticeable to me, it wasn't noticeable to family etc before 12 weeks.
In the last week or two it has changed from looking fat to looking properly round and bump-shaped rather than just looking like I've eaten too much lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back