Any ideas of how to keep a baby awake?

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
Imogen is a bit of a night owl and we are trying to keep her awake from early evening (7 ish) til "bedtime" (10 ish)- but she just falls asleep so easily. has anyone got any ideas of how to keep a baby awake for a few hours? She falls asleep on her play mat and even if we talk to her holding her. Are we just being mean going against her natural needs???

Thanks.

I wouldnt keep her awake at 7pm...why not try making that her bedtime... Im only saying that because we have always done that with Fynn from bein a tiny baby. Already have her ready for bed ...then when she falls asleep at 7pm ..put her up in her bed/crib/basket wherever she sleeps.. then when she wakes at 10 or whatever ..feed her and put her back down!

Dont forget..she is still very young and may not settle into much of a routine yet..I was lucky mine did!

Hope this helps! :hug:

I've always believed its best to let tired LO's sleep, so I would just leave her to it personally, like Foxxi says, she's still young, she will find her routine herself, just give her a bit of time, and try and rest when she does if you're finding the nights tiring :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi

At that age i let both my kids sleep and wake as they pleased sorry i cant offer much advice :hug:

Hi, I think 10 pm is too late to keep her awake. From an early age jacks bed time was around 7 ish. It takes a while for them to establish between day and night but this worked for us. We found he would then wake any time between 10 and 2, so we would feed him and then put him back down.

It will work out eventually :D

melissa goes to bed at 7 anyway, if i tried keepin her awake she would make me pay! :lol:

Thanks for your advice everyone. Today has been a lot better - she has been awake for all morning and slept on/off from 3pm, waking for feeds and staying awake a little too, which is great.

We will persevere with "bedtime" earlier and hope she will sort hersefl with her own routine in time.

thanks again, good to hear what others do.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back