Awake at 1.30am

kellie80

Reaction score
Aimee has been a terrible sleeper for a few months now but it's getting worse and worse and i'm getting soooo frustrated with it. I don't mind her waking for a dummy or a bottle then going back off, I'm used to that but she has started waking up at 1.30am every night and she is wide awake. She will be awake for at least 2 hours! I give her a bottle, her dummy, Anbesol and put her mobile on but nothing works. She wants to get up and play. Anyone got any advice?

does she sleep alot during the day time?
how old is she?
what do you give her for her last feed and roughly what time is her last feed before bed time?

sorry for the 50 questions.

if she sleeps alot during the day try letting her sleep for only 45 mins in between feeds (i had to do this with colby as she was up all night long and slept all day :shock: )

if your giving her a solid maybe around 6pm as her last solid feed depending on how old she is (sorry ive forgotten how old she is :oops: ) try giving her a top up before bed time, so she will last longer at night time.

sorry if none of ths helps

hope you get your sleep back soon before your doing it all over again
take care hunny :hug: :hug: :hug:
xxxxxxxxxxx

p.s sorry just seen she is 8 months *tries to think* :think:

ok i would let her sleep as less as i could during the day maybe just a nap for about 2-3 hours around 2pm that way by 8pm at the latest she will be nackerd give her maybe i dunno what she eats but something not to heavy on her stumoch but something more than just milk.

have you got her on cows milk or baby milk or are you BF?
sorry the 50 q's again...lol if your giving her baby milk is it the first one or a follow on milk she is on? if its the first one try stepping her up to the next one.

sorry if im just rambling crap just dont know what else you could try

good luck
xxxxxxx

whats does she do at 1.30am if you dont go and play with her? is she in your room. i no it sounds nasty but sometimes at 4am il hear harley coo'ing away so i leave him to it.

he has a music thing that when he crys or makes a noise it plays and has lights it sends him bak of to sleep

in a book i read the Baby whisperer (my bible) It says with growth spurts give more naps in day. It says if not getting enough sleep in the day they will have a bad night sleep. It's actually the opposite to what you would think she might be havin a growth spurt. Bath her about half hr before bed. and maybe put a toy in their after she gone asleep so it doesnt keep her awake when put her down. and she might keep herself occupied. It also says in the oh mighty bible to make sure she is ok and not crying but leave her. If she cries put dummy in and walk away. It may take a couple of nights. But if she cries i understand Jessica might wake. Goooooooooooood Luck kellie xxxxxxxxx Paula hope something works. It may even be seperation detatchment or something think that what called when she feels fretfull when you leave her for too long.she thinks you have abandoned her She might be waking and thinking has she left me it's really common at that age Kellie

She will only nap for like 1 hour at the most during the day at the minute, can't get her to have anymore. She has her tea about 6pm them a bottle of milk before bed but she isn't hungry in the night, when i give her a bottle she only has a couple of sucks. When i go into her i don't speak to her i just give her a dummy and walk back out and she will be ok for about 5 minutes watching her mobile then she will start moaning. I leave her as long as possible crying but i know when it gets to a certain leval i have to go back in or she'll go mad. I don't play with her i just leave her too it cos i don't want her to think that it's ok but she still won't go back to sleep till she has tired herself out again. It's so frustating cos then she will moan all day cos she's tired and has bags under her eyes but she won't sleep.

Hi

oh thats must be tough on the both of you hope you get somthing sorted soon hun
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14