Avent express bottle warmer

Lou

Reaction score
Hi

I've read the instructions but I don't understand how the light works and how you know when the bottle is ready? I thought it would have a timer on it.

Bought it today and I'm not impressed! I still had to cool Isaac's bottle down because it heated it up too much.

Anybody shed some light on this for me please?

Lou :)

i have this 1 to and it is OK nutting more i couldnt work it out either so just have to keep trying it!!!

I have a mothercare one and they are pretty much the same.

with the little twisty knob, turn it so the pointer faces the dots for the correct size bottle. I have mine about 2/3rds of the way round (to the right) for a 5oz bottle, more if its bigger etc, less of it's a smaller bottle.

put the bottle in and fill the warmer with water till it is the same level as the milk in the bottle. turn on and the light shoulde come on. when the light turns off it should be ready!

Don't forget to turn it off at the wall though to turn off! I have a big pink sign on mine now because of the amount of times I left it on and nearly knackered the warmer!!

have I explained that right or just confused you more lol?? :?

The night and day one from lindam has a little water pot thingy to fill it up. When all of the water has evaporated it turns itself off as that is when the temp should be correct, but even with that one, it's sometimes too hot :? :?: :? :?:

I also have the avent one and find it takes AGES and yes you're right theres no way of knowing when it's done, so I just go and check it every now and again.

Sorry I can't help more :D

I'm sure the Avent one I used has a light which turns off when it is done?

The light on mine goes on and off when it feels like it, maybe it's broken?? Well it did only cost £1 from car boot lol :lol:

LOL you with your bottle warmer :lol: Hope you're okie btw Kim, been a while since we talked. Will send u a PM now with catch up gossip.

my avent one is the same kim - we've given up with it - it's stupid. I think the light comes on when it's heating the water up to whatever temperature, and goes off when the water has reached that temperature rather than the bottle, then goes back on when the water cools down. I worked out to take the bottle out after the light had gone on and off 7 times :shock: - I nuke them in the microwave for 40 seconds now :?

tracy

Thanks for all your replies. Glad its not me going mad and reading the instructions wrong. They are pretty crap aren't they!?!

But they are a bit safer than a jug of hot water on the kitchen unit. Especially with a cat trying to jump up every 5 minutes!

cheers

Lou :)

Hi i have the avent one to and as sami says fill the water up to the amount of milk thats in the bottle and i leave mine for 5mins and by then the bottle has usually reached the right temp and is warm enough and is ok to give to your baby to feed.

Lol - I have that avent one and for £20 I expected a bit more to it than what it does! I thought it would have a timer on it - but D/H has tried to explain why it couldnt have a timer on it - but I dont get what he means :roll: -my pregnancy brain has never disapeared.

I know with mine that if the light flashes that means its ready - but it never is (thats with 4 oz) I always end up putting it back in again - and dont you just hate it when its got too hot and then you have to faff about trying to get it cold again!!!! lol

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back