**August Mummy's**

KellyHook

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :wave:

Thought i would start the August Mummy's Thread that we keep talking about, we started the journey into parenthood together and now we can all update whats going on with our beautiful babies.

Hope everyone is ok, and enjoying being a new mummy :)

xx

Hey huni. :)

Well Olivia is nearly 12 days old and has grown so much already. I'm hormonal today and keep crying and feel useless as she won't settle today and has thrown her feeds back 3 times bless her.

How's Charlie? Xx

Hello.
Riley is doing really well he sleeps alot and hardly cries.
Ive got an infection still so on my 2nd course of antibiotics now.

Great idea Kel :)

Brooke is 16 days old, wow can't believe that! She is so amazing and each day is different but we love it. She is starting to settle in to a routine which is great - just waiting for her to wake for her last feed, and she is starting to go 4-4.5 hours between feeds so we should get a few hours sleep tonight hopefully!

I've had to give up breastfeeding as I ended up in hospital with mastitis for 2-days last week. Had to be put on a drip and have to go for a mammogram on Monday to see if there is a blockage or if I have an abscess. I tried to nurse Brooke for 2 days when I got home and whilst she was such a trooper latching on, she was on me for 2 hours, both boobs, then still coming off screaming as she was still very hungry; I was topping her up by 3-4oz which was the majority of her feed so I just knew she wasn't getting what she needed from me and was obviously just sucking for comfort. So after a lot of tears and heartache I've switched her to formula - she seems so happy though and loves her bottle so I'm starting to feel less guilty.

It's our last day with hubby off tomorrow so hopefully it will be a lovely one.

Hope everyone and their LO's are well xxx

Glad the Little Ones are ok :)

Jacki - hope olivia is more settled today and how are you feeling?

Emerald - Infection, ouch!! is that due to your waters leaking for so long?

Jen - Little Brooke, great name :) what is mastitis? it doesnt sound very nice whatever it is! for the past 2 days Charlie has changed his routine, just like Brooke he isnt waking till 4.30-5am :) which will be perfect if it stays like that as i start the school run next monday (12th) and wont be shattered trying to get 2 kids ready :) have your registered Brooke yet? xxx

yeah the infection is because of prolonged rupture of membranes. im not complaining though as long as Riley is healthy thats all that matters.

Jen - Little Brooke, great name :) what is mastitis? it doesnt sound very nice whatever it is! for the past 2 days Charlie has changed his routine, just like Brooke he isnt waking till 4.30-5am :) which will be perfect if it stays like that as i start the school run next monday (12th) and wont be shattered trying to get 2 kids ready :) have your registered Brooke yet? xxx

It's an infection to do with blocked milked ducts, it's horrific - had a really horrible couple of days with it. Hoping I'm over the worst of it now.

Haven't got Brooke registered yet, need to call them tomorrow and make an appointment as she's 3 weeks on Thursday and we're running out of time!

hi there,
charlie is 4 days old, and breastfeeding really well... although he only sleeps deeply when on me, which is quite limiting!
i put him in his cot, and he naps for 20 mins tops, then cries for me.
i am really tired and feel quite overwhelmed, but it is also amazing, these first couple of weeks we will be getting to know each other, then when i am a bit more practiced i will think about routines.

i keep trying to upload his pic, but it keeps failing, any help appreciated!

It's an infection to do with blocked milked ducts, it's horrific - had a really horrible couple of days with it. Hoping I'm over the worst of it now.

Haven't got Brooke registered yet, need to call them tomorrow and make an appointment as she's 3 weeks on Thursday and we're running out of time!

ouch, sounds nasty! i finally booked charlie's appointment yesterday, but they cant get me in till the 19th xx

Almeria it took me ages to get pics on here. They need to be a certian format. I uploaded mine to flickr first the saved the again on my desktop then they worked on here. Dont know any other way to do it.

Registering Riley today im thinking of adding another middle name as Tyler and Paige have 2 so dont want him to feel left out.

morning ladies and babies (that still feels odd!)

Almeria when i put a pic into a thread i upload it to http://imageshack.us/ and use the forum code, its always worked for me!

well Flynn is now just about 3 and a half weeks old and it feels like i've never not had him! hes been so good so far, though i think he's defiantly going to be tall like my brother and father (both are over 6ft!) as he was 51cm when he was born and he's now 56cm, so only just fits in mothercare's 0-3 :shock:
taking him to get registered on Wednesday :) really hope the lady on the phone was right and my stupid surname issue doesn't cause any problems!

hope you all had a good night x

Spice - Baby Flynn is long!! Charlie was only 48cm at 11 days old, he doesn't even fit in newborn clothes yet and he is only 3 days younger than Flynn! Bless him! hope your ok? xx

thanks for that emerald, i used flickr.

Tried to get Brooke registered this morning but kept getting cut off so have emailed them!

Brooke decided she wanted to eat at 1am, 2.30am, 4.30am & 6.30am this morning so I am pooped! Going for my mammogram at 2.00pm :shock: Hoping it's the last I'll have to deal with this ******* infection!

Have just been trying to see on Brooke's paperwork how long she is but I can't see - I do know I will be lucky if she's still in her Moses Basket in the next couple of weeks; she is so long - lovely long arms & legs :cloud9: x

Hope all goes well today Jen with your mammogram! Brooke must be having a growth spurt, she was one hungry baby last night! :)

I got charlie's length from his red book when health visitor did his check at 11days old! i didn't have his length from birth! im sure charlie will catch up soon! he is just ickle at the moment! like i said he isn't even in newborn clothes yet! i saw my baby cousin the other day and she is 18 weeks old and OMG she is huge, she is like a one year old! well compared next to Charlie!

Did anyone get the baby's head measurement at birth?

xx

Jen - I hope it goes ok today xx

Spice - Poppy was 51cms too! Her Daddy is 6'3 so I'm not surprised. She also has big hands & feet!

Kelly - Poppy's head was measured at birth, it was 34cms. Then when the HV came last week it had grown to 36cms. She has also gone up to 8lb 14oz! (she was 7lb 8oz at birth)

Last edited:
Charlie's head was 33cm at birth and then 33.5cm at 11days, he weighed 6lb 7oz at birth and on Thursday he weighed 7lb 5oz! God knows what he will weigh when i take him on weds, he is a little piggy sometime! xx

Last edited:
evening all :)
jen hope your appointment went well
our health visitor came out when Flynn was 2 and half weeks old, he'd gone from 8lb 4oz to 8lb 11oz, though i'm sure he's put a good few more oz's on since then! his head was 35cm at birth and 37cm at hv visit!
Flynn has been a right little mr today, got up at 2:15am fed and was back in bed by 4am ... got up at 8:15 and was on off awake till 1pm :shock: in that time he had one solid hour of sleep and a few naps along with 8oz of milk! he slept from 1pm(ish) till 5pm and has again been pretty much awake since! he'll fall asleep on me or OH but the second he's in his moses basket he's back awake! hope he sleeps ok tonight!
think i might take him to get weighed on Thursday!

Got the all clear :dance: Didn't even have to have the mammogram as the Doc had a feel and said the lump is all gone, hooray! :yay:

Brooke has been an angel all day. She slept more or less the whole time we were out and about and woke up to have a couple of hours with Daddy when he got home :love:

She's asleep again now but I'm hoping she'll wake up and stay awake for a couple of hours then have a big feed 11-12ish then go down. Hoping we don't have a repeat of last night or I'll be wrecked again! My Mum is coming round again tomorrow to sit with Brooke while I try and make the house a bit more sanitary! x

I dont know how big Rileys head was at birth. He was 8lb 1oz at birth, 7lb 5oz at 5 days and 7lb 8oz today.
He also had an infection aswell so thats why he lost alot of weight. Midwife thinks he will be back at birth weight by thursday fx crossed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back