**August Mummy's**

because i was bf on demand i just do the same now! though he has settled into a rough routine, wake up and feed between 6:30am-8am then awake for a few hours, nap then feed between 1pm-3pm awake again for a few hours then a smaller nap feed again between 7pm-9pm then awake (with little doses as he really fights sleep at this time!) until last feed between 10:30pm-1am. must admit though he doesn't have a fixed amount of food, he'll have 4/5oz at all feeds then ask for more whilst he's having his awake time, and that can be up to another 4oz :shock: but i'm not worried about him over eating as he's kinda only having only 4 main feeds and most formula's recommend 6/8 feeds!
what position are you winding him in? maybe lay him over your legs on his tummy and pat his back like that, see if that helps with the wind coming up.
if you can bf and its not to painful for you i really would stick with it as long as you can, once you introduce a bottle and they get used to it they get lazy which is why they don't latch back onto the breast properly! (that's one of the reasons i cant go back to it now!)
i was like that too, spending all day with him in my arms as he wouldn't settle any other way! but i tried the leaving him to it a few times and he did cry a little bit but settled him and put him right back in again and he was fine! he's been going down first time for a few days now! try it and really stick to the only picking him up if he's crying!
hope that helps x

i agve it a go this morning, he was sleeping but when i put him down he woke up, i left him there and did what i had to do, when i came back in the room after cleaning he was asleep.. so im going to try do that more often now. so this morning ive managed to have brekki/clean up/and cook for tonight :D
he is a good baby but theres just days where he is so restless, and because he gets so tired he fights going to sleep!
i have got formula at home, only give it to him as and when needed, or if iv got to go to the shops i give him that if theres nowhere to breastfeed.
for winding i put him against my shoulder/ sometimes in a sitting down position, when i put him over my lap he falls asleep lol

feedings not that painful once he's on, but sometimes he plays games with my boobs, latches on/off constantly.. and i hate having leaky boobs,and they feel all tingly and weird sometimes..theres times when he will sleep through the night 10pm-5am..and my boobs will be rock hard and il be leaking all over the bed erghh really want my supply to sort itself out!

Last edited:
Poppy has just drunk nearly 9oz in one go! And she's still grizzling! :shock:

Poppy has just drunk nearly 9oz in one go! And she's still grizzling! :shock:

i wouldn't hun she might be going through another growth spurt they have so many! Flynn had 120z within an hour and half the other day :shock:

hello hope your all well.
Ive been so busy this week havnt had chance to get on the laptop.
Riley is 3 weeks and we have finaly been discharged from the midwife to day as he is now back at his birth weight:dance:. seeing the health visitor for the first time today aswell.
Riley is now going through the night 11pm untill 7am :dance: :nap:

I got Charlie weighed today, he is a month old and weighed 9lb 6.5oz... Little Piggy, he is certainly filling out! xx

kelly i also got Flynn weighed yesterday :) he's now 9lb 13oz!!! so in two weeks he's put on 1lb 2oz :shock: xx

kelly i also got Flynn weighed yesterday :) he's now 9lb 13oz!!! so in two weeks he's put on 1lb 2oz :shock: xx

i just worked out that charlie had put on 2lb 1.5oz in 2 weeks!:shock: going from birth weight (6lb 7oz) to 9lb 6.5oz in a month!! little chunk!! he was on the 9th percentile at birth and is now just under the 50th percentile!

Brooke got weighed yesterday and is 9lb 6oz too! It works out she's put on half a pound a week - little piggy x

J is going to b weighed on Monday.. so will I, that'll be interesting LOL .. he slept from 10.30 to 6 last night, hope he keeps it up, but he does make a lot of noises whilst sleeping that it keeps me up lol

J is going to b weighed on Monday.. so will I, that'll be interesting LOL .. he slept from 10.30 to 6 last night, hope he keeps it up, but he does make a lot of noises whilst sleeping that it keeps me up lol

Poppy grunts, squeals and generally sounds like some kind of wild animal when she sleeps! :lol:

Oh my so does he, and he waves his arm around like he fighting in his dream LOL, but then when he is quiet we get worried

Thomas Joseph was born on 1st September weighing 8lbs 8oz, his head circum. was 36cms (ouch) and length 54cms. He had put on 8oz in a week so who knows what he'll be on Wednesday the HV says he looks like a 2 month old. I'm trying to upload a photo from Picasa but it's not working, is there any other way of doing it? Also, is anyone having a problem with colic? Last night Thomas started crying at 7pm and didn't finish until 12.30. He drank both breasts dry (so at least 6oz) was silent when he was latched on but then sounded like he was possessed as soon as I put him down. Is it me!?

Soes anyone else find they spend so long looking at their baby they forget to do other things or is it just me?
Riley is much better since i got a bottle warmer hes had no constipation since:dance:. he loves bath time aswell he likes to have his head in the water and crys if i lift him out hes my little water baby:lol:
Ive booked a photo session using the voucher in the bounty pack im really looking forward to this as i have no pics of me and riley together as im a single mum and got no1 to take any.

Soes anyone else find they spend so long looking at their baby they forget to do other things or is it just me?
Riley is much better since i got a bottle warmer hes had no constipation since:dance:. he loves bath time aswell he likes to have his head in the water and crys if i lift him out hes my little water baby:lol:
Ive booked a photo session using the voucher in the bounty pack im really looking forward to this as i have no pics of me and riley together as im a single mum and got no1 to take any.

I stare at my baby all day long :)
We've just booked our photo session too with our bounty voucher (through PixiFoto). It's next saturday I can't wait! x

Hello lovely ladies and babies, nice to find some fellow August mummies still around :)

Cant believe Joshua is 4 weeks old tomorrow, only seems yesterday that I was moaning because he was overdue and there was no sign of him coming :lol: He's also a little porker, 8lb 3.5oz when he was born and last Thursday at just over 3 weeks old the health visitor weighed him at 10lb 8oz!!

Hope all of your bubbas are still healthy and happy x

I realized I was spending all day with j aswell, but then over past cpl weeks ill put him on his playmat n get on doing things.. I hsvnt got pics with him either, always look s horrid mess I do lol.. I didn't get a voucher with my bounty pack...
Omg my mil is irritating my life these days.. she thinks everytime a baby cries they're hungry, I know my baby's hungry cry erghh

i didnt even get given my bounty packs! going ti ask my dr about getting then when i go for my check up on fri! i've got a few photos of me and Flynn but i look horrid in them all, except one!

i look at Flynn all the time, so much so i've walked into people/things when pushing him in his pram because i'm looking at him, and not where i'm going! oopppps!

Everytime i look at j all i can see is his dad, not any of me..but oh reckons j's habits will be like mines, as he already talks loads lol got so many vidoes of him talking to himself in the mirror on his playgym haha
got J weighed yday, he now weighs 9lb 7oz, my lil monster has put on 2lb in 7weeks :D i wasnt wieghed just got told about contraception, got given a mini pill, but im not even in the mood to do anything so wont b using those lol

Hey ladies hope you're all well. I've not been on much as I've been getting used to being a mummy. Steve went back to work a couple of years ago and me and Olivia have been getting used to each other. Olivia is a bit colicky which was horrible but we got her some Colief and she seems to have been much better so fingers crossed that's it. She was weighed today and is now 9lb 12.5oz, that's nearly 2lb since birth my little chunky monkey.

Hope everyone and their babies are ok.

Hugs xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back