August mummies :)

Tbh I was just saying to my OH it’s weird because I just don’t feel pregnant at all like nothing I don’t know if I’m just expecting to feel all these symptoms when I’ve got none or what. Just want this scan to hurry up so it can confirm!
I'm exactly the same I don't "feel" pregnant at all, I'm 8 weeks today and only have my first MW appointment on Monday of next week and no date for first scan yet :-(

according to an online calculator im 7 weeks and 4 days should my midwife appointment be earlier plus i have no scan date atm.
My MW appointment is 23rd and no scan date yet, I'm 8 weeks today.x

Hey just thought I would introduce myself here, as the July mummies are very silent and I have been following here alot lately. I am due 20/07/20 by lmp. But My other two have been born at 36 weeks, so have no idea when baby might be here :) just nice to have people to speak to going through the same things as I am. Hope your all well, or as well as can be expected :) x

Hey just thought I would introduce myself here, as the July mummies are very silent and I have been following here alot lately. I am due 20/07/20 by lmp. But My other two have been born at 36 weeks, so have no idea when baby might be here :) just nice to have people to speak to going through the same things as I am. Hope your all well, or as well as can be expected :) x
Welcome. Hope it is a happy and healthy pregnancy for you xxx

Wilson14 can you have a private scan? I am lucky as I get seen quite early, I don’t think I could wait it out anymore, maybe because what happened to me before and all the anxiety that’s goes with it. If you don’t have a history of recurrent miscarriage I’m sure you will be absolutely fine

Regards my scan today I am a bit worried about the size thing, I know a HB is a good sign, I am not sure if she said 1.16mm or 1.6mm which is a bit on the small side. I know I ovulated early before day ten - pretty sure I did - I now have something new to obsess over ... the size of my embryo :(

My MW appointment is 23rd and no scan date yet, I'm 8 weeks today.x
I am about 8 weeks and just got my appointments through my booking in isn't until 15th jan where I will be about 12weeks and 21st for scan. They are cutting it fine I feel but nothing I can do xxx

Now I am thinking to phone my consultants secretary. Reading up booking in is normally between 8-12weeks. I worked out dates and be around 12weeks 5days. Is anyone else this late as want all tests as normal at appointment and scan? Then I will be 13weeks 4days approx at scan. Tried to explain I am high risk but was told I will be put as low risk until seen by midwife. :( xxx

20191216_124038.jpg

Now I am thinking to phone my consultants secretary. Reading up booking in is normally between 8-12weeks. I worked out dates and be around 12weeks 5days. Is anyone else this late as want all tests as normal at appointment and scan? Then I will be 13weeks 4days approx at scan. Tried to explain I am high risk but was told I will be put as low risk until seen by midwife. :( xxx

View attachment 89395

Not much happens at the booking appointment. It’s all very boring. You fill in paper work and give bloods, weight etc. If you’re worried though you could always give your consultant a ring.

For the scan I think so long as it’s before 14 weeks that’s fine. I can understand why your worried though if you are higher risk and they aren’t treating you as such. I would imagine high risk ladies would maybe get a scan a little bit sooner just to make sure everything is ok, so definitely worth a phone call to put your mind at ease.

Not much happens at the booking appointment. It’s all very boring. You fill in paper work and give bloods, weight etc. If you’re worried though you could always give your consultant a ring.

For the scan I think so long as it’s before 14 weeks that’s fine. I can understand why your worried though if you are higher risk and they aren’t treating you as such. I would imagine high risk ladies would maybe get a scan a little bit sooner just to make sure everything is ok, so definitely worth a phone call to put your mind at ease.
Thank you for reassurance. I had a booking appointment at start of year but got the bloods at booking appointment for tests and then the scan got more bloods for tests so more worried leaving it late for that. My booking appointments have always been for around 10weeks and if over 12weeks then have to get referred back to hospital for high risk as they are sending me to health centre for first appointment. I am a worrier sorry. I know probably will be fine maybe just phone epas or consultant just to make sure. Thank you though love feeling not alone in thinking. Hope you are okay xxx

Thank you for reassurance. I had a booking appointment at start of year but got the bloods at booking appointment for tests and then the scan got more bloods for tests so more worried leaving it late for that. My booking appointments have always been for around 10weeks and if over 12weeks then have to get referred back to hospital for high risk as they are sending me to health centre for first appointment. I am a worrier sorry. I know probably will be fine maybe just phone epas or consultant just to make sure. Thank you though love feeling not alone in thinking. Hope you are okay xxx

Worrying is totally understandable, if a phone call to check would make you feel better then go for it. Worst case scenario you keep your original appointments.
I can’t remember when my booking appointment was for my daughter, I remember being miserable because I was so ill and I just wanted to go home! Haha.
This time round I will be 9 + 4 for the booking and my scan will be 13 + 1. I did ring up early though because I had a feeling it would be very busy this time of year.

Oh I’ve been struggling. Very nauseous 24/7 with zero energy. I have taken today off work sick and will see if I can get a sick line from my doctor. There’s just no way I can do my job right now feeling like this. So money is going to be really tight next month.

Worrying is totally understandable, if a phone call to check would make you feel better then go for it. Worst case scenario you keep your original appointments.
I can’t remember when my booking appointment was for my daughter, I remember being miserable because I was so ill and I just wanted to go home! Haha.
This time round I will be 9 + 4 for the booking and my scan will be 13 + 1. I did ring up early though because I had a feeling it would be very busy this time of year.

Oh I’ve been struggling. Very nauseous 24/7 with zero energy. I have taken today off work sick and will see if I can get a sick line from my doctor. There’s just no way I can do my job right now feeling like this. So money is going to be really tight next month.
I totally understand why you would try get sick line. I am off too just now.. I struggle to stay a wake through the day so wouldn't want to drive and put others at risk never mind risks being pregnant. Try rest and hope doctor let's you rest more as you and your little baby are more important though get what you mean things are tight when not in work xxx

Wilson14 can you have a private scan? I am lucky as I get seen quite early, I don’t think I could wait it out anymore, maybe because what happened to me before and all the anxiety that’s goes with it. If you don’t have a history of recurrent miscarriage I’m sure you will be absolutely fine

Regards my scan today I am a bit worried about the size thing, I know a HB is a good sign, I am not sure if she said 1.16mm or 1.6mm which is a bit on the small side. I know I ovulated early before day ten - pretty sure I did - I now have something new to obsess over ... the size of my embryo :(
I've thought about it but my husband would prefer to wait til after Christmas in the event that there was any bad news - bit of a pessimistic outlook but I get it. I'm guessing I'll probably be about 12 weeks before my scan so just got to keep holding on. I am paranoid that I'm not actually pregnant though, I've not been pregnant before so have nothing to compare to but don't really have any symptoms other than sore boobs and hunger. I guess I'll wait til I see the midwife next week and see how long she thinks it will be before I get a scan.

I managed to get slightly earlier booking in appointment back at the hospital so that gives me more peace of mind rather than the health centre.... I know I am silly xxx

I managed to get slightly earlier booking in appointment back at the hospital so that gives me more peace of mind rather than the health centre.... I know I am silly xxx

Not silly at all, glad you managed to get one a little bit earlier. When is it now?

Not silly at all, glad you managed to get one a little bit earlier. When is it now?
It is just the Friday before but makes it more around 12 weeks and just really wanted to be at the hospital for it as they have dealt with me for all pregnancies. Was offered an early scan this week but just want to relax and try enjoy it now until January. Will get one if I spot again or feel I need it but feeling more I can't change anything so wait for the dating scan if all goes okay until then xxx

Just got a text from maternity dept asking me to follow link for ultrasound scan, date is Wednesday 15th January - another month! :roll: I'll be 12+2

Just got a text from maternity dept asking me to follow link for ultrasound scan, date is Wednesday 15th January - another month! :roll: I'll be 12+2
You are due round about same time as me. I have my scan not far behind you. Feels so far away doesn't it. I'm just hoping. Christmas and New year will make it feel it is here quicker xx

You are due round about same time as me. I have my scan not far behind you. Feels so far away doesn't it. I'm just hoping. Christmas and New year will make it feel it is here quicker xx
Yeh same as, it's my birthday this Saturday too and have family coming round so think the next couple of weeks will fly by!

Yeh same as, it's my birthday this Saturday too and have family coming round so think the next couple of weeks will fly by!
Happy birthday for saturday. That's lovely so many nice things on before January then it will be here before you know it. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you xxx

Happy birthday for saturday. That's lovely so many nice things on before January then it will be here before you know it. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you xxx
Thank you, will let you know how I get on with midwife on Monday too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back