At what stage will/did you....

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
.....start to decorate your babies room and get stuff prepared and bought?

I said I wanted to get past 12 weeks and first scan etc before we bought anything etc etc well now 14 weeks tomorrow and chomping at the bit to get cracking! We did go shopping yest after scan and bought a few little bits for the baby but nothing major!

Apart from me just wanting the room sorted etc, the main reason is Drs and MW are pretty sure I will get pre-eclampsia again and with DD I was in hospital for the last 11.5 weeks of my pregnancy until I had her so wasnt as prepared as I would have wanted to have been so......babies room is 'there' waiting to be attacked!

Also since we announced yesterday my very good friend (who knew) has literally got David round there tonight and hes come back home with a car load of stuff....more coming at the weekend....were very luck and very gratefull for what shes given us, and insisted on her taking some money for it all tho but bless her she refused at first!

But shes given us.........

A gorgeous Cot with literally not a mark on it
Car Seat baby size
Tommy Tippie Steraliser still in the box with the reciept
All the bedding, bumpers, quilts, blanket, curtains, light shade to match theme
Baby bath
Toiletries Box
Baby Gym
Baby donut
About 30 vests baby grows and body suits
Loads of cardigans hand knitted
Some vests still in the packets not used
Little jackets not used and a few other things with labels on still
Booties
Hats
Scratch Mits
Bottle Warmer
Baby Gate
Loads of maternity clothes

and few others I cant remember but we have a great heads up on stuff we need for a new born and so now I just want to get them all washed and ironed, babies room decorated and set up!

Davids going to get cracking next weekend with decorating and I have said I want to be all done by Christmas just incase history does reperat itself and I end up in hosp early Jan again!

So basically am I jumping the gun in wanting to be prepared and get babies room sorted by Christmas?

xxx

Wow your friends very genuious!! I brought a couple of little things between the 12 week and 20 week scan then properly started buying things after 20 weeks! As for the room, it's still not even started!! I want it done before little man arrives so I've got 5 weeks to kick tim's bum into shape lol

OMG wow your so calm with only 5 weeks to go lol!
Yeah shes very generous and was over the moon to off load to us lol xxx

Fab vix....so kind of her....Is £200 ok for all that or not enough? She didnt want anything so its more of a token thank you but dont want to seem ungratefull xx

If she won't take money could you maybe buy her something you know she needs? :)

Well at first she said no take it and waht you dont want bin....so I said no I want to give yousomething for them and after a while she said ok then just wahtever you think and are happy with so came up with £200 xxx

Aww wilma that's lovely a very generous friend I am just getting ready to paint now and put a new curtain rail up and things :) the sooner it's done the better though I reckon :)

Thanks Sol.....yeah shes a star!

Yeah I think Iwill crack on getting things sorted as knowing my history I think I would rather be all sorted way ahead of time than running around like a headless chicken at the last min....lol xxx

I started buying at 12 weeks but bought properly after 20 weeks and had baby's room finished by about 24 weeks. All very well and good being organised but im bored now!! LOL!

xxx

Ah wow very prepared Wolfy!! Im usually very organised so babies room would prob be getting started maybe about 20 weeks but I got eclapmsia with DD at 24 weeks and was in hospital for nearly 12 weeks after that so nothing got done till I got home with her and dont want that to happen again so I really want to be ready and organsied! Ahhhh its so exciting!

We bought the baby a comfort blanket, a bath robe with hood on monday night just a little token to mark the scan date by!

Cant wait to start shopping properly once baby arrives and we know what colour we can get lol xxx

We bought one thing at 14 weeks and then didn't buy anything else until after scan! We don't have a nursery as we intend to co-sleep until about 2/3 years and then he'll share but we have everything we want now!

we bought a couple of outfits between 12-20 weeks then as soon as we had 20 week scan we went to the shop and ordered our pram now we have everything- all steadily bought over 20-30 weeks :) going to wait til imabout 34 weeks to sort everything out tho :) xx

We've been buying stuff properly since our 2nd scan (was at 22 wks) and i have been on the lookout for nursery bits but only properly started doing the room last weekend (i'm 37 weeks) as we moved at the end of august. room will not be properly decorated until we know what baby is but at the moment the room is white with cream and browns (in the bedding, light and curtains).

I haven't really bought much just a few things, going to go crazy after my next scan through x

i didnt really get cracking till after my 20wk scan because i was scared to jinx everything but am ready now hope you pre eclamp doesnt come back i had high bp with my dd and its just returned again but def alot later in this pregnancy so fingers crossed it that way for you too

I've still not got very much, but planning on getting majority of stuff during October half term.

I'm kind of thinking I might leave decorating the nursery until after baby is born, as he'll sleep in his moses basket in our room for a little while. The room is currenlty decorated in neutral colours and I think I'd possibly buy some of those large decorative room stickers in a jungle or under the sea theme, so all I'd need them would be a cot and some storage stuff. If the worse came to the worse during birth I just can't imagine coming home and having the baby's room all done up and having no baby to put there.

i painted the nursey (well my dad did while we were away on holiday) at 22 weeks, n have just got the furnature built up and things, got lots of things around that time, we have only just found out the sex of the baby (at 30wks with a private scan) so know the sex now to buy more colourful clothes, but ur friend seams to have set u up really well!! well done,

iv only got a monitor to get and a possibly Moses basket n then i think we are done :)

good luck with the pre-eclampsia!!
xxx

Thanks for all your replies ladies....weve decided to make a start on things bit by bit and just do it as we please!

Keeping everything neutral with creams browns and bears so will be great for either boy or girl till its a bit older.

Wow serenity thats reassuring as all the way along Ive been told I will most def get it again but if I do then I hope its further along than I had it with DD which was about 25 weeks!

Fingers crossed it stays away for as long as possible if not at all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back