At what age did your baby..........

Emmylou

Reaction score
.......sit up on their own?
I am longing for Libby to sit up on her own.....at the minute she just rolls onto her front - instantly as soon as I lie her down - then cries :roll:
So I think when she can sit up at least she can play with her toys (going through a phase of hating the bouncing chair too).
Do I have long to wait do you reckon?
I sit her up in front of me (so I am sat behind her supporting her) but if I don't lean her back slightly then she just falls forward :?

willow was 6 months COnal still isn't he's 9 months but 6 months corrected he's almost there though, try propping her up in her toys thats what i do with Conal

Heather

i think alice was just over 4 months, but if something distracted her, she would topple over.

Brody is only just starting to get there! He is very wobbly though!Although once he sees his feet that's it! They HAVE to be in his mouth you see, whenever he sees them!

I am feeling like you though! Brody doesn't like lying down for long and he can only go in his walker or bouncer for so long which leaves most of the day wriggling around on my knee! Which don't get me wrong I love, but he wants to be off all the time and my arms ache like mad! :lol:

jools221181 said:
can only go in his walker or bouncer for so long which leaves most of the day wriggling around on my knee! Which don't get me wrong I love, but he wants to be off all the time and my arms ache like mad! :lol:

This is Libby to a T! She's a wriggle bum too so constantly trying to push herself off my knee :shakehead:
I'm going to try propping her up tomorrow, I've just thought I could my body pillow around her so that it supports her at the back :think:

Thea could sit unaided if you sat her up at 3 months and by 5 months she could sit herself up from laying down.

Sophie was about 4 months, but every baby is different hun.

ollie was able to sit at 3/ 4 months unadid as he had speacial boots n bars for his clubbed feet

Jack was 5 and half months, which i thought was quite quick. but now he is fifteen months and only been crawling for one month!!!! i am hopeful he will be walking by xmas!!!!!!!!!

Naomi was bout 7 months but she was a month premature, so her corrected age was about 6 or 6 and a half. We used a bumbo though.

Sue

Thanks everyone :hug:
Have had her propped up with the body pillow which she liked :D
Think all the effort playing with her toys wore her out though, as she's having a sleep now :sleep:

Jake was about 8 months old when I could sit him up without him falling to the side right away. He has only just started sitting himself up now at 9 months and can sit for quite a long time without falling back or to the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back