sitting up

trixipaws

Reaction score
i kno babies do different things at different rates, but...

melissa is soooooo close to crawling, altho i think shes early. (she shuffles her bum in the air and moves her arms forward, she can crawl a few centimetres lol not really crawling yet but shes really going for it and i can see progress)

but, she shows no signs of tryna sit up. should she be by now? when on her back she wont raise her head at all. actually she wont stay on her back for long, she rolls onto her front then lifts her head and shoulders (like a "cobra" yoga position!) so she seems much stronger on her front, hence the early crawling.

ought i be helping her practise, by sitting opposite her and pulling her up by her arms? coz i never do this :oops:

or maybe i should sit her on my lap, and move my hands away from supporting her so theyre just near her ready to catch her balance?

or dont i need to do anything but leave her til shes ready? :think:

have you tried sitting her up and putting cushions around her, pull her legs apart a bit to help with balance.. kinda like a v shape. :think:

TBH hun i have no idea cos JT only 3 months but maybe that would help :hug:
ps.. clever her for almost crawling.. thats fab :cheer:

Hi

Kadyn does the same crawling thing :lol: looks so cute and like he is consitrating so hard . He can only sit for about 10 - 20 seconds but before that i didnt really do nething just let him prgress how hes going to prgress , i did read yesterday on the net that letting babies on their tummies is actually the best way to build up thier muscles needed for sitting up :)

Katrina

what about a baby walker hun that would put her in the upright position with a bit of support

You could try sitting behind her on the floor with her between your knees. I did that with Jude, used to put toys in front of him and let him play, then let him sit up without my support for as long as he could, would just move my knees. Worked for him. Also think the Leapfrog Groove & Learn activity station helped his back to strengthen, and he loved it!!!

Hope that makes sense! :D

I started to 'pull Matilda up into a sitting position from about 3 months, she thought it was great fun, did it as a sort of game when I was changing her, I then started to prop her up with a V cushion, the first few times she just toppled to the side abd also as others say holding between the knees while sat on the floor. in the last week she has actually sat on her own but only for a few minutes and with me there to catch her as she either goes straight for her toes or topples to one side. Matilda has a baby walker and loves it, been putting her in it for about a month now.

do you mean she won't try and sit up from a lying down postition?? Thomas doesn't do this either, he will sit happily though if we put him in that position - he also stood today but again I put him in that position!!

I wouldn't worry though chicken, I am not sure what the average age is though! :hug:

D has only in the pasat couple of weeks sat up on his own and now only for 30 secs..i sit with him sat up on the floor sometimes..D has his own speed to do everything though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back