sitting up?

trixipaws

Reaction score
at our 7-month check HV said millie should be sitting up, and she isnt really. she does but shes a bit wobbly and falls over after about 20 seconds (sometimes less!) apparently its probably coz i NEVER sit her up :oops:
iv always either put her on her back on the playmat (she rolls on her front but wont try 2 sit up) or ill put her in the walker or the bouncer, or prop her in the corner of the couch. but i never sit with her on the playmat, so iv gotta start doing it for half hour a day.

what do i do if she being stubborn, tho? if she leans back so im supporting her, then i push her forward and she cries and straightens her legs so i cant sit her up? any tips please thanx in advance

willow started sitting up on her own at 6 months ish i kept putting her in one of those blowup donut thingies and it seemed to work as eventually she didnt lean on it anymore.

try sitting her between your legs and start by putting a hand on her tummy, a toy just out of her reach and im sure she'll soon start. also when shes on her back try pulling her into a sitting position and then jus hold her hands

thanx tuck ill try ur suggestions.

becky iv got a donut thing (my girl friend who gave it to me called it a "nest" i think), but the 2 halves are held together by velcro and milliepops pushes it apart and ends up on her back! :wall: :lol:

meh, if it were me I wouldn't worry about it. Let her do it at her own pace.
I guarantee she won't end up as a teenager and still be unable to sit up ;)

Nathan didn't sit up for more than a few seconds on his own till after he started crawling at 9 months. He started sitting himself up and after he'd fell over about 10 times he soon got the hang of it when he was sick of banging his head.

TBH hannah was the same at 7 months.. i was getting slightly worried too.. but in the last 2 weeks she has come on so much! she can now sit unaided for about 15-20mins! (i put cushins round her anyway just incase) (ive got wooden floors too)
Shes also standing (while holding the table/my hands) for AGES now too. - i think Millie will be the smae, all of a suden they just start doing loads!

trixipaws said:
becky iv got a donut thing (my girl friend who gave it to me called it a "nest" i think), but the 2 halves are held together by velcro and milliepops pushes it apart and ends up on her back! :wall: :lol:

Evan does that too! Evan is 7 months and can sit up but leans forwards and then wobbles an either falls on his face or to the side. Ive got wooden flooring so i try and put cushions all around hima nd sit with him. My MIL suggested i raise his legs a little with a cushion to try and strengthen his back to help him sit up a bit straighter. So im going to try this.

I think children just develop at different rates. im sure they will soon pick it up.

C has only just got the hang of it really at 6 months 3 weeks. I used to sit with her in between my legs but tbh i think she needed to fall a couple of times to get the idea of balancing herself. I just surround her with cushions and try not to catch her everytime she wobbles. As Xena says, she will be doing it when she's older so I wounldn't worry to much :D

Maia can't sit up for more than a short time, she usually falls over as soon as she gets distracted by something!

She's ok if she's got something to hold on to, so she's fine in the child seat on the supermarket trolley and most restaurant highchairs.

I'm not too worried, at the moment she likes rolling best!

we never used to sit nay up.. but when she got to about 5 months we would put her on the floor for a while, each day. and on her front to build her muscles.

but you have to hun..

as soon as nay hit 6 months she was sitting up, millie will get it very soon

Trixi, hun dont worry - as someone said she will pick it up b4 she hits her teens :rotfl:
Seriously, Ani is the same as Millie, she wobbles a lot!!! She'll get it by herself, i wouldnt force it. Remember every babe is different. From other threads I seem to remember that she was rolling really early, Ani only started last month, every baby has their own rythm, early for some things, slow for others...

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

Lola has just learned to sit up, She can't do it on her own but can balance if you sit her up.
I normally put something infront of her that's at her eye level because it seems to help her keep her balance. I think her bumbo has helped her alot though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back