At the end of my tether.

vixforever

Reaction score
With Jacob right now:wall2: He refuses to drink from a hard teat and will only drink from a soft silicone spout beaker but he cries whilst having the drink because he constantly pushes the teat inside and splits them :roll: meaning I have to constantly sort the beaker back out for him and buy new beakers as I can't buy the spouts :( Thinking of contacting ASDA to see if I can get some of the spouts sent out :wall:

Totally pointless thread but :dohh:

I have times when my kids individually drive me nuts. Lucas is in the spotlight at the moment coz he wont take his feeds. He takes about 2 oz then i have to force anymore down him :( xx

my kids were like this i just gave them a hard beaker and i had the thought if they were thirsty . . . i showed them me drinking from it mmmmm yummy ect and now they have cups and hard beakers lol!! we had like two days of crying lol!! but they did it yay!! was costin me a forture - oh asda just brought out a £2 normally £3.97 tommee tippee bottle 18+ months i gave one of these to zander the other day he is 21 months its soft topped but comes out really fast so it dont get sucked in (it was the prob i was havin! lol!) comes out fast as a beaker if not faster and my son loves it and its huge so the one drink lasts 2x as long!! lol

Think I've tried every beaker out, he used to do the same with bottles in the end :dohh: He seems to find it funny whilst doing it then feels the need to cry after he's done it, I try telling him 'NO, BAD' in a stern voice but he just sits there and laughs at me :dohh:

Rhys would never take a beaker , cup or soft sippy cup, so at about 12 -14 months , I just took all bottles away, (as I'm afraid I had let him carry on and drink water from that), and did a cold turkey week.

Then he took the one beaker I left him out every day!but was grumpy for a week, he never saw a bottle after that. With my next one, I put out the beaker I wanted with meals from about 6 months, for Toby to get used to seeing it, and so with the him and Briony we were laughing, frmo a reallyearly age, which I hadn't thought was possible because of rhys.

Kids are funny arn't they. good luck hun

havee you tried a cup with a straw type bit? a friend of mine's little man would only drink from one cup, but i dont know how they got him onto others! i cant get E to drink from a nonspill cup :dohh: its good that she'll drink from a free flow one, but when i'm going out i just want one that wont go bloody everywhere!!

We struggled with cups too he just couldn't manage them and would get so frustrated he would scream and cry and throw the cup, when it was really warm in desperation I tried to squirt some water in his mouth with a sports bottle and he took it off me and drunk perfectly from it, he now uses a cup with a straw, you will get there Hun :hugs: I may be tempted to go cold turkey thou

I mean these are meant to be non-spill until he pushes the spout into the bottle :wall2: He with drink from a fruit shoot bottle but it goes everywhere :dohh:

i know that feeling well, Es still not got the hang of drinking her bloody milk without it going everywhere! i swear more comes out her mouth than she actually drinks :wall: i put a muslin all bunched up round her neck and its still all over my legs when she's done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back