end of my tether

yeah i think ive given in anf let her comfort suck for peace and quiet too much lol. shes been much better today, only had 1 topup feed so far tho will probably have at least 1 more later but when shes fed off me shes actually eaten and then slept. shes been happy and fairly content and fell asleep sat up before while i cleaned as i had propped her between pillows sitting up on the sofa after her feed so she didnt get all acidy and i put music on and she promptly cried. i cuddled her and then put her down again. i had to do this 3 times but the third time she got the message and just sat watching me clean quite contentedly and then fell asleep.
i got the sling out this morning so i could do the dishes and washing etc and she fell asleep in that too. i really do think shes got reflux and that was causing her to be fussy and miserable and disturbing her sleep, ive even put an extra blanket in her moses basket as a pillow for daytime naps and that plus lying her on her side means she actually went in it for a nap earlier and didnt wake up instantly

well done bev for persevering when you're having troubles with it, you're obviously a great mum please dont feel bad if you have to move onto ff!! i did and i felt terrible but i then realised its better to have a happy mummy then a stressed out one! she will be happier if u are :)

good luck with the doctors xxxx

Hun youhave done so well and dont beat yourself up. I know how you feelas I was exclusively BF for 7 weeks and it was torture. He had reflux as well and wasnt sleeping in the basket.

I started topping up and tell you what, he has been ill only once and other EBF babies I know have been ill more so dont think you will be doing any harm topping up.

You need sanity as well and you need to sort yourslef out with the thrush too

Like I said in my post in Feeding, you have to do what makes you a happy mummy. I'm through with beating myself up over not managing to breastfeed and now I've dried up the decision is out of my hands anyway. Had a little cry about it earlier and now I'm ready to carry on!! Like my midwife said, a happy mummy makes for a happy baby so that is how things are going to go from now on. You have already done an amazing job breastfeeding for this long. I hope you can carry on but if you can't then don't be like me and beat yourself up about it, life really is too short. xxx

Well done bev! You are doing so well! Just remember that a happy mum means a happy baby so you do what's right for you. I've been torn lately about bfing. It's startling to hurt again and I sometimes feel trapped inside these 4 walls. But at same time I love bfing cos of the closeness n cuddles and that I'm giving him the best start. I agree with pinky, when josh releases and looks up n smiles, it's the best feeling in the world! It's hard. Everyone says how proud they are of me to still be bfing. My mum stopped after 8 weeks with me n my sister. My sister gave up after 2 weeks. We can do this Hun. :) x

Well done for getting this far don't make yourself worse by stressing about the fact your only thinking of ff ifykwim? Whatever you do you deserve a massive well done :) I get smiles when bottle feeding Alice it feels just as good so dont worry she wont mind if you cant your still a great mum for doing this much!! xx

Hi bev with regards to not getting anything to eat...I know this going to sound probably harsh but baby can wait! It took me along time to do it myself but I had to eventually just put Joshua down and make my sandwinch even if he was crying you have to look after yourself then once its made you can get your little picnic next to you and he can feed whilst you eat. Joshua was very clingy and now I combi feed as he just never seemed content so I get how you are feeling from that point of view. What I will say is I look back now and wish Id stayed ebf as I see how much easier its getting for other girls on another forum who are now at the age Joshy is and it seems like it would have been worth sticking with now....but I made my decisions so just be sure before you dramatically make a desision it sounds as tho you have been through the mill. Anyway wittered on my main point was to make sure you eat etc as I say she can and will wait for you to make a drink and lunch

im not bad sue lol, ive made peace with it now, im not going to manage to ebf but i wont quit totally either, morning feed and probably lunch and tea too will be boobie feeds for as long as my supply holds out. im too lazy to get up early if i dont need to lol and boiling the kettle etc first thing is a pain but she seems happier to be getting more bottles and im less stressed about it all too so its all good :)

thanks for the support ladies, your all wonderful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back