at the end of my tether

it's the johnsons baby lavender oil, not the proper stuff!
i'm breastfeeding, his feeds are usually 3-4hours apart, throughout the night and day (as there's no difference at the moment!)

i'd like to co-sleep, but my OH stays here every other night, and he's a smoker. wouldn't it do worse to so-sleep one night than not the next? rather than not do it at all?

charlotte_ said:
i'd like to co-sleep, but my OH stays here every other night, and he's a smoker. wouldn't it do worse to so-sleep one night than not the next? rather than not do it at all?

I would think it would confuse him hun!

Did he stay down after 11.35?

Might be a long shot, but have you tried not using the lavender oil? It sounds mad but apparently too much lavender can have a stimulating effect. :shock: I only discovered this after putting some in Niamhs room (in hot water to diffuse) and she was up all bloody night!! :wall:
You'd think that Johnsons baby oil would be diluted enough for this not to happen, but it's perhaps worth trying a massage with just a plain oil see if it makes a difference.

Hope things improve soon for you hon :hug:

lea m said:
yeah, but was up at half 12, til 4 then asleep until 7, then up again til 11!

we've skipped the bath & massage tonight so we'll see. wtf do i do if nothing works?!

I am doing a baby massage class at the moment and if anything it stimulates blake after a massage and he is wide awake, perhaps zach is the same?

What i do at night is - when ready for last feed i change his bum and put his sleepsuit on downstairs, we then take the bottle up to bed with us, i put him in his sleeping bag and then feed him with only a little bedside lamp on (which is on the floor so doesnt shine bright) wind him, give him a quick hug and a kiss goodnight and leave him with his winnie the pooh dreamshow on and within 10 mins hes asleep. and he sleeps through from anywhere from 10pm - 7.10am always the same waking time lol he is now daddys alarm clock :rotfl:

I do basically the same as Emmie! Get her ready for bed then take her upstairs and feed her (but I have the lights completely off in the bedroom and use the light from the bathroom) burp her, cuddle for a couple of mins and kiss and put her in her bed! Sometimes she will whimper so I hold her hand or put my hand on her face and shes out!

I hope his routine changes soon for you hun! I hated it on the days when Lola would be up till 4 am! We (luckily) only had a few nights like that! Though he does seem like a very wide awake baby! lol Lola isnt awake that much in the day lol!

charlotte_ said:
[quote="lea m":3t2x4lhz]
yeah, but was up at half 12, til 4 then asleep until 7, then up again til 11!

we've skipped the bath & massage tonight so we'll see. wtf do i do if nothing works?![/quote:3t2x4lhz]

You need to remember it will take longer than one night to change things around. A lot of babies take more than 6 weeks to adjust to day and night sleeping. I went the first 6 weeks with about 3 hours sleep in 24. My LO hardly slept during the day and at night just wanted to feed. By about 12 weeks things had settled down and he was sleeping for a few hours at a time overnight. Usually just 2 but sometimes 3 :lol: :roll:

Its trial and error and gradually helping LO adjust to night being for sleeping and daytime for being more awake. Try one thing for a few days/nights and see if it helps. Just one night of something isn't going to be a good indication of it working. Also the daytime needs some help and all being well if he starts slowly sleeping better at night then the days will fall in to place

He's still so young, i wouldnt worry too much yet, he'll get there in his own time. :hug: :hug: :hug:

i didn't expect it to work over night, i was talking about what if it doesn't get better in the long run.
i'm giving up with the routine, i feel like i'm wasting my time; if he wakes up in the night i have to bring him downstairs or i fall asleep, or my OH wakes up (he has work in the mornings), it would be fine if he just stayed up for half an hour, that wouldn't interrupt anything. but it's hours and hours at a time and i'm not prepared to just sit in bed with him in the pitch black. i'm just gonna have to live backwards with zach until he sorts it out. he slept for 5 hours today, he didn't feed for six hours, but i was out so couldn't get any rest in, it's killing me!

at the moment he's sleeping literally all day, only waking for a couple of feeds. wakes up at midnight, until anywhere between 4 and 7am. then asleep until 11, if i'm lucky. then he's awake for a few hours again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back