At breaking point

Me, My Girls & I

Reaction score
I can't get katie to eat! She'l have a mouthful and then be done! I know they say when they're hungry theyl eat but it's been well over a week now, she's not eaten a proper meal in months :shock:

I've tried everything, chicken dippers, cheesy chips, salmon and peas which was her favourite! She's only eating a handful of fruit aswell where she used to eat a whole punnet! I just don't know what to try next! I even tried ketchup on chips yesterday. But she just sucked the ketchup off and threw the chips!

Sorry hun, I have no experience but my friend's middle child is exactly the same! She is 3 now and has jsut started trying different things, even ate the skin of a melon (before my friend could stop her) and other random bits, but still won't touch meals. I think she just tries little and often.

Oh hun, this must be so frustrating!

My LO will only eat finger food so I cant put gravy on his food or spoon feed him and if he trys it goes everywhere, I dont think any of it makes it into Jacobs mouth :wall2:

Sam's doing this at the moment too, apart from breakfast where he'll eat loads. He's always been really good with his food, but it's as if he's just not hungry at the moment - it's not that he's being fussy and only wants to eat certain things, he just will not eat! He does have the odd day where he'll randomly eat all his dinner and ask for more, but it's very rare. I tried the ketchup thing the other day too with exactly the same result :lol:

I'm not sure when it started but I'm wondering if it's something to do with the heat. He is drinking loads which is probably filling him up a bit but I'm thirsty the whole time too so I don't blame him for wanting to drink all the time. When we went to Cyprus this time last year he hardly ate anything the whole time we were away. As soon as we got back to rainy England he was back to normal again. I think they all go through phases like this at some point though. Let me know if you find anything that works :wall:

I have a hard time feeding Evie. I'm guessing Katie is older though?

Evie will have days when she eats very little and others she'll eat a lot. I've asked everybody so many Q's on this including my HV and most people have said they go through phases and my HV says as long as she is drinking she'll be ok, but it doesn't stop me worrying so I know how you feel. If Evie is poorly or teething she seems to eat less too, and for those few days when it was boiling she defo drank more and ate less. Hope she starts eating again soon, try not to worry too much though. Maybe you could get her weighed and speak to your HV if you're worried? xx

Rosie had just discovered Ketchup - this morning she wanted it on her strawberry jam sandwich..

Perhaps where she isnt as active she might just not be as hungry? It is a worry - Rosie hardly ate a thing last week when she had croup and then a chest infection.

I have a few threads around on AJ's eating, he can be a pain to feed.

ATM he's a nightmare and will feed himself a spoon of something and then refuse but if I ask if he wants help? He'll eat most. Or the lot...well he will if its jelly :lol:
I've been bad recently we've reverted back to reading stories, playing, singing etc just to get some food in him :(

Hebe's always been a good eater but she's been rubbish recently. I stopped beating myself up about it and keep giving her decent food and if she doesnt eat it hey ho....

Get some Halib Orange multi vitamin liquid so you know she's getting something there :)

I've just bought some multivitamin stuff for Sam so at least I know he's getting that. He will always eat fruit though, so I guess that's something x

If all else fails Hebe will eat strawbs, banana and blueberries - always!

I've been giving her abidec when I remember just to get some vitamins in her and she had a mid day cup of milk today too! We had a bit of a breakthru with fried rice for tea, but all she ate was a couple of mouthfuls of rice and none of the good stuff in it :wall: she even refused a mini milk!!

OH said that to me that as long as they're drinking plenty then they're ok, still a worry tho! She's always been such a good eater so it's come as such a shock!

I hope she starts eating again soon, I'd hate for Jacob to barely eat!

Well a bacon sandwich for lunch seems to have sorted him out - and I was hoping he wouldn't like it so I could eat it myself...not even crumbs left :rofl:

Haha I had the same with fish fingers and chips! And then she smeared ketchuppy hands all over me!

Have you noticed of she'll eat off your plate? I fox Hebe by making it look like it's for me if she's not eaten properly for a while. Stick it on a big plate, knife and fork and start eating it.....suddenly it becomes appealing to her!

Thats my trick too. I'll sit down and pretend to eat whatever she has refused and she suddenly wants it!! Fish fingers go down well too, I've not tried a bacon sarnie, bless him for eating it all :)

Pretending it's for me used to work for Sam too. At the moment though it really does seem like he's not hungry rather than fussy though, as he won't even eat much of his favourite meals - he'll have a couple of mouthfuls and that's it

Thats my trick too. I'll sit down and pretend to eat whatever she has refused and she suddenly wants it!! Fish fingers go down well too, I've not tried a bacon sarnie, bless him for eating it all :)

Very salty so he's never had one before, and he doesn't really like the texture of meat (like roast chicken etc - he's fine with Ham, tinned salmon, sausages and things) so I'm quite surprised he didn't leave me most of it :lol:

It's because he could sense his Mummy wanted it so he scoffed it :lol: Bless him xx

I tried the making it look like my food yesterday, she just took it off my plate and put it on hers and didn't eat it! Have got her a fish pie for tonight, I bought one in desperation th other day and she ate it so I'm trying again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back