why why why why why why why why

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
Won't she eat anything other than soya yoghurt or fruit puree from baby pots?

It's driving me maaadddd. I've tried all flavours, types, brands.. that's after trying homemade ones.

She takes a mouthful or two. Swallows it. Then, a moment later she will gag and up comes anything she has eaten/drank in the last few hours!

I don't get it. I really don't!

I started her on homemade purees which she wouldn't eat - and I started with veg so surely i didn't do anything wrong :(

She loves pots of fruit puree but nothing i make. I've tried tricking her and pretending it came from a jar but she won't have it! She knows and she either clamps her mouth shut or throws up!

She will eat baby rice and she will eat soya yoghurt, either plain or with fruit.
And she will eat the fruit puree alone - so it can't be that she just only likes the taste of soya.

Any ideas?!?

I wouldn't mind if she just wasn't keen but it makes her sick :( and that's the only time she is ever sick :(

Hi - LO is still quite young - I wouldnt worry too much as they change their tastes as they get on a bit.

Emms was just on baby rice, veggies and banana at that age. Have you tried carrot or sweet potato? Emms loved sweet potato at the start. I also mashed banana with some boiled milk so it was smooth.

If she only likes one thing at this stage, I would just carry on and then try other stuff gradually as time goes on. No rush!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'd think its more likely the diferent texture that is making her gag and throw up rather than the flavour :think: I wouldn't worry about giving her jars, we all try and do the right thing and make our own but if we're honest I think the majority of people end up using jars anyway. They are fast, convienient and offer a really good variety of flavours.

Isaac loved lentil bake, cauliflower cheese and mango with passionfruit. I've noticed too when I get Isaac's raisins from the baby food shelf at Tesco's that there are so many more varities now, even since Isaac was a baby and he's only 3.

:)

Babies prefer the jars because they are sweeter. The only reason we dont use jars is because they consistancy of the mush makes me puke :puke: :oops:

Faith is still only young- some babies don't wean as early as others- when she's ready she'll show more of an interest. :)

what i would try ....if you want to get her to eat home made food.....is to make your own fruit puree, the same flavour as the pot you are going to give, so if apple and plum pot then make apple and plum puree and take out a quarter of the fruit pot and put into another bowl (ie don't throw it away) or feed it to her first then mix some of your fruit puree into the pot one within the pot so it is in the same pot as she usually sees and try her with that, if she eats it then gradually increase the amount of home made mixed with pot food until it is all homemade, if she doesn't eat it then make the quantities of homemade less until she does eat it then gradually increase.

hope you can understand that it is a bit of a waffle

then next once she is eating homemade fruit puree i would gradually increase carrot mixed with apple, sweet pot mixed with apple ect. until she is eating more veg then decrease the fruit and up the veg etc.

adam had peach and pear and chicken and broccoli yesterday coz i defrosted peach and pear instead of carrot and didn't realise until i had warmed and mixed them together in the same bowl, he loved it!!

but at the end of the day i wouldn't worry too much she will eat in her own time.

hope that helps

Violet is a right pain with eating too. :wall:
She isn't sick like Faith but loves sweet things.....she'll eat yoghurt and fruit and cheese flavoured things but I struggle to get her eating veg, she just clamps her mouth shut cos it isn't as nice as the sweet food. I do what kazzie-bo suggested and mix fruit and veg together,,,sometimes veg and yoghurt :puke: then decrese the amount of food that she loves...it usually works. It is stressful, but I keep reminding myself that she's still young and she'll eat eventualy. I think as long as we keep offering foods they'll eat some of them eventually..they aren't gonna live off yoghurts forever. :lol:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

James was like that, he would only eat weetabix and petite filous! By the time he was 1 he had outgrown that phase and was eating a wider range of foods.

I'd offer Faith different things but don't worry too much if she doesn't eat them, milk is more important than food atm :)

Maybe offer more finger foods. You can make soft carrot sticks, toast fingers with diferent toppings, you just have to be crafty :wink:

Alex ate next to nothing until he was 10-11 months old (aside from breastmilk). Even then it was very little. It's only since he's been past a year old that it's started picking up.

Even now though he'll only eat one small meal a day, and then nibble bits and pieces the rest of the day. So he still doesn't eat a huge amount. A lot better than before though.

Lou said:
Maybe offer more finger foods. You can make soft carrot sticks, toast fingers with diferent toppings, you just have to be crafty :wink:

OOO!! i can't wait to start weaning again! all the first tastes :D

Sorry, ive not got much advise, apart from to keep offering. It would take alice a few goes to be happy to eat certain things. After a while she would happily eat it.

as the girls have said, its more about exploring flavours and textures etc at the moment than nuturents. As long as she drinks her milk don't fret.

But if you are worried about her being sick after eating, speak to your HV - even if to just put your mind at rest. but they may have other tips to try.

Dylan was started weaning on fruit and veg but then would only eat jar food. i just gave it him then tried him with homecooked food every onc in a while eventually it changed round and he wouldn't eat the jars but he was about 9 months then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back