What kinds of food??

abcd1234

Reaction score
Would you recommend for babies?? I don't think she's allowed meat until 6 months but i'm keen not to give her jars of food. She also seems to eat load for someone who's only been having solids for less then a week.

She ate 2/3rds of a rusk on her first day by chopping and sucking on it.
A baby yogurt on her second day (she loves them).
1 and 1/3rd rusks mixed with mummy milk on her third day.
Another baby yogurt, sucked on some orange segment, and had some apricot baby cereal on the fourth
and yesterday she ate a little baby rice (didn't like it so rejected the rest) Ate half a fruit pot, tried banana but doesnt like it, and had about half a rusk

Everything i've read suggests encouraging food slowly but she seems to gobble it all up without any problems.
She seems fine for it, her nappies now stink but she's not uncomfortable with them and they're "healthy poos"

I'm wondering what more savory things i can give her, i might over cook some carrots for her one night. Can i give her basically all vegetates and fruits??

I wasn't prepared for weaning yet so it's a little scary but she's very good with it and already bangs her play tray when she's demanding more!!!!

Sounds like she's enjoying her food.

Sweet potato is great, as is squash. Just steam (or boil) and then wizz into a puree using a blender. Add the cooking water or your milk to thin it out if need be. Carrots mixed with regular potatoes has also gone down pretty well.

xxx

Things not recommended before 6 months are..

Anything containing gluten so bread, pasta, oat and wheat based cereals (you can get ones that are rice and maize
Cows' milk
Eggs and egg products
Citrus fruits and berries
Soft/unpasteurised cheeses
Anything with added salt/sugar (watch rusks for these as many of them are loaded with sugar)
As well as things they're not allowed in the first year like honey, nuts and seeds.

Not sure about meat or fish though as I never gave Rebecca either before 6 months; she had rice, fruit and veg. The list above is mostly because of the risk of allergies which is higher if you wean before 6 months. Another popular veggie to try is swede, it was a HUGE hit for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back