Astounded - sleep

VikkiR

Reaction score
After struggling for 10 weeks, I am amazed at recent events. Ruby has been going to bed between 7 and 9pm initially waking at between 12 and 1am then 5am then getting up at 7am as I dropped the 5am feed. The last 4 days she's been going down between 7-8pm waking at 4am for a feed then sleeping til 7-8am. Last night she went down at 7pm and woke at 6am, had a feed then went back in her cot this morning at 7.30 whilst I got some chores done, she was asleep in 10 mins, woke up at 9am, had a feed 30 mins ago and has fallen asleep again. This baby that never slept seems to have a night time routine that works and I daren't even hope she'll nap in the day as well. She is smiley more often than not and a much happier baby, the colic seems to have eased, almost eradicated and I am beside myself with joy, even if it's temporary, I'm grateful for the respite. In hindsight I think I was over feeding her, thank goodness for Calpol plugins, oral medicine, dentinox, aptimal comfort milk and the nursing chair. This respite has saved my marriage and my sanity :dance: xxxx pity she has her second lot of jabs tomorrow, hope that doesn't put us back to square one :(

Last edited:
Oh bless her ... And you :D glad you're getting a break! They say sleep breeds sleep so hopefully now she's had a few good days behind her she will carry on xxxx

aww thats brilliant, im so so glad shes sleeping well for you now. i hope it continues too. x

Thats fab news hun, like someone just said it another post, they al do it in their own time, its just a shame us mums, me included, dont believe it wil get anybetter in those early weeks
Hugs x

That is fab news so very pleased for you all xxx

last 2 nights we have gone 12 hours!!! amazing...BUT...3rd lot of injections just been had and so i am hoping it doesnt mess it all up...plus, she is startign to teeth so better make the most of any sleep i get i think x

Great news ! So pleased you've had some respite.

Thats fantastic! Hope it continues! :)

Fingers crossed it stays like this for you!!! Xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back