Sleeping through and number of bottles question

nikkif

Reaction score
Well Charlotte has finally slept through 3 out of the last 4 nights!! :)

she has her last bottle at 730 ish then bed and is asleep anytime from 8-9 p.m. She has been waking between 6 and 630 a.m which is so much better than she was.

She is crying in her sleep at 2a.m ish and last night woke properly crying she seems really agitated so i think she is still getting a bit of trapped wind/colicky pain so hopefully that will disappear totally soon.

One question though- at the minute we are fitting in 5 bottles a day every 3.5 hours or so. If she starts waking a bit later in the future we will only be abe to fit in 4 bottles unless we feed her every 3 hours, which she doesnt really need. DO i try and increase the size of her feed or feed her more often as 4 bottles doesnt seem enough at her age??

Ho many ozs is she having in the bottles?
I remember being at that stage with Nathan when he started sleeping through I just kept increasing his feed till he was on 9oz and he stayed on that till I weaned him at 5 months.

She has recently gone up to 6 oz bottles and has 7 Oz at night for the last week. She occasionally only takes 5 Oz

well my little lady is only on 4 oz bottles, definitely wouldnt take anymore.. and we have recently actually cut her back to 5 feeds a day, her last one about 9.30 at night, then bed. She just used to ignore her 11pm feed before, so we are spanning them out to 3 and a half hourly instead of just three.

She seems perfectly content and is gaining weight well... seems weird to actually cut back a feed and not up the ounces, but it seems to work for mine.

What does your little one weigh? Olivia is just over 10lb, being born at 5lb 12, so apparently is gaining very well.

xx

Maddison is 3 months old and takes 5 feeds a day of 5-7oz. She is about 11lbs and takes feeds every 3-4 hours. As long as LO is gaining weight and happy and not crying from hunger then I wouldnt worry :hug:

Amber has 5 bottles and it varies on how much she takes usually between 5-7oz two weeks ago she was 12lb 9oz so iwill see what she is on weds. But had her injections so not eating too well again at min :?

But will sleep roughly 10 hours during the night which is fab

Glenn is having five 6oz bottles a day, the last is 10 pm and the first is 6 am, sometimes he will wake in the night and have a bottle but we have started to drop that one and just let him settle himself back to sleep, the most problems we have is getting him settled last thing at night, sometimes he wont settle til about 11-12 but sometimes he will be up and asleep for half nine, we are concentrating on that this week tonight being the first night of a proper routine (strict).
We are going for 10pm put down and not a minute later and then we are going to reduce it by half an hour every week (well i hope) until we are at 7-8pm put down, what do you reckon? lol...the intentions are there and i am confident about tonight so fingers crossed, i just find it difficult when he is crying and i think he knows that so he makes his cry more pitiful..awww.

If she's hungry she will tell you, don't worry :hug:
Make up bottles as she asks for them, and if she's not full when finished she'll let you know, very best wishes :hug:

Is she emptying her bottles completely? if she is then up her mik by another ounce and just give to her as she asks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back