Asthma and pregnancy

denise33

Reaction score
I am just hoping to find out did people with asthma have any affects on there pregnancy, I currently take seritide 250 and tablets called motelukast 10mg tablet to help control my asthma.
I am not able to find out from the doctor till the 11th may thats the earliest i could get a appointment to Tell him i am pregnant and ask about my asthma medication.

So if anyone has asthma and pregnant please be free to share their experience

Thanks

I have it and normally use two inhaylers, the purple steroid one and a blue one. I was told it was safe to carry on taking them, i'm supposed to take the purple one 2 times a day i think, but to be honest unless i've been breathless and needed the ventolin i've not used them and touch wood been fine. I ended up in hospital last year with my asthma because i got a nasty chest infection so i was a bit concerned about how i'd get through this winter with being pregnant as well, but i've been fine xx

I'm the same as Kate, I take the purple preventative and the blue one and they are fine to continue with. I'm terrible for not taking the purple and have subequently ended up with some bad chest infections so to me it highlights the importance of taking throughout pregnancy so I don't get one!

The seritide (Purple one) i am just as bad with it, i am suppose to take it twice a day but only take it at night, I have never really used by blue one for a long time.

Thank you for the reassurance though

Oh i'm glad its not just me that forgets the purple one, i get told off for that lol

My asthma has become really bad since being pregnant and I ended up in a&e with an attack on Monday. Am really getting fed up with it :(

My asthma has become really bad since being pregnant and I ended up in a&e with an attack on Monday. Am really getting fed up with it :(

Thats not good, i have noticed i am out of breath more after walking the dogs or just out and about in general. If i am like this at 4 an half weeks god help me :eh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back