Baby asthma – what every parent needs to know

mitex12

Reaction score
No one can doubt that you truly love your child like anything and you are very much aware of his/her health. But there are many other baby diseases and allergies that go unnoticed. Of late many kids in different parts of Europe have been suffering from asthma and especially infants who aren’t that physically strong are getting affected by it quite easily.

Not only in Europe but millions of children from all over the globe suffer from this disease.
Many of these kids’ need emergency treatment and medical advice. Therefore, it’s always great for parents to know certain things about asthma. Remember one thing that if asthma is detected in its first stage then it isn’t that worrying but once you let the disease spread further then it can cause lot of harm to your kid’s health.

The problem of asthma often deteriorates due to the time it takes to identify the illness correctly. We are all aware of various food and dust allergies and thus often rule out the aspect of asthma when we see these types of signs in kids’ body. The tragedy is, due to this very reason many children all over the globe are suffering. Had their parents been bit more proactive, then things could have been different. Hence, don’t let the problem gets worsened by any means. General asthma symptoms consist of chronic coughing, breathlessness, feeling of tightness in the chest and respiratory trouble etc.

Dust mites are a major cause of flaring up of asthma. To prevent them use hypoallergenic bed sheets and hypoallergenic mattress protector. Also do check that you never expose your kid to tobacco smoke, try to keep your baby away from dusty atmosphere. As we know that chronic or prolonged asthma is extremely hard to cure, the best way to prevent it is by remaining alert about it from the beginning.

As a matter of fact, I would once again urge you to not to ignore any signs your baby displays regarding asthma and if they are specially related to the problems that I have already talked about, then consult a good doctor soon. Tell him how your baby is having breathing difficulties and how long he is in this condition so that the treatments start rapidly. I have always believed that when you are dealing with a critical disease like asthma, it’s better to be a bit alarmist instead of waiting only to see that baby-asthma imperiling the life of your child.

The good news is that most of the kids, whose asthma was noticed right away, are now doing great. So it has proved that given right care and treatments at right time can take your worries of to a good extent. Research shows that on an average, children develop resistance to numerous allergens that had caused asthma in their early years. Apart from that many other factors are also to blame for greater probability of an asthmatic occurrence in infancy.

Lastly, you may read tons of websites and even this article of mine, but if you notice your baby facing serious breathing trouble or a sneezing or getting some allergies from a particular food and feeling low, then don’t wait; go and check a doctor.

Thanks

mitex.ie

asthma is so common disease among young babies...
Well i just wana know why it happen just for babies?
Is it due to mother?

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's a disease!? And no it's not due to the mother!! It is however more likely for baby's to have asthma if one or both parents have the condition!

Asthma is caused by inflammation of the airways. These are*the small tubes, called bronchi,*which carry air in and out of the lungs. If you have asthma, the bronchi*will be*inflamed and*more sensitive than normal. When you come into contact with something that irritates your lungs, known as a trigger, your airways become narrow, the muscles around them tighten and there is an increase in the production of sticky mucus (phlegm). This makes it difficult to breathe and causes wheezing and coughing.*It*may also*make your chest feel tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back