Aspirin

Holly1991

Reaction score
Midwife come over to mine today (cause I'm full of bug & couldn't go out)
She said I'm intermediate risk of getting pre-eclampsia so wants me on a dose of aspirin..
What does the aspirin do? Forgot to ask as I was in panic mode from feeling sickly.

But baby's heart is good & bub is the right height for 16 goin on 17 weeks! Which is good :)
Xx

Im not sure hun, its sumthing to do with the blood isnt it? Hope your ok.

Michelle. x

I think so, was just wondering if its a blood thinner? Cause I have raynauds and don't want it to cause extra circulation problems. :)

I'm okay still feel horrid, not eating very much but will try some dinner for bub :)
Hope your well
Xxx

In have to take an aspirin a day as it thins my blood. They have me a prescription for it xx

Im feeling alot better during the day but still a little ruf at night think its the tiredness kicking in!! Im not much good to anyone after 6/7pm lol. God knows what im guna b like tomoz night ment to be out for a meal with friends!!!

Michelle. x

I was taking aspirin from ovulation until my artery scans last week, it is a anti-platelet which makes your blood less sticky. Its fine to take in low dose in pg (are you on 75mg?). I'm also taking fragmin which is a full blown blood thinner as I am prone to blood clots.

I was taking aspirin from ovulation until my artery scans last week, it is a anti-platelet which makes your blood less sticky. Its fine to take in low dose in pg (are you on 75mg?). I'm also taking fragmin which is a full blown blood thinner as I am prone to blood clots.

Haven't got them yet need to buy them, yeah 75mg tablets I need. I just dunno if it will affect my raynauds syndrome? Cause I have trouble getting blood to extremities ?
Or am I confusing blood thinners with blood clotting tablets? I dunno which one affects me can't remember lol x

I think so, was just wondering if its a blood thinner? Cause I have raynauds and don't want it to cause extra circulation problems. :)

I'm okay still feel horrid, not eating very much but will try some dinner for bub :)
Hope your well
Xxx

I think I have this too. White fingers and toes!!?
Mum gets it too. Does aspirin work for you and is yours worse now your pregnant? X

Aspirin will in theory help your raynauds - cos it will thin it making it flow easier to your extremities.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Not too bad in the summer but in the winter I can't even sit in the house without my toes going numb. Might mention it to doctor next time I go thanks x

Oh brilliant ! :) thank you !!
Jess- Yeah mines worse in winter... But if temperture drops even slightly I start going cold.
My hands and feet go white, then I get blue and orange patches on me up to elbows and knees .
It's not changed much since pregnant except ATM I'm hotter (due to heat plus pregnancy) I guess I'll find out more when temp drops! :)

Deffo get checked.. I don't think doctors can do anything for it but Atleast you know an work knows about the condition. :)
I work in supermarket so not allowed in the freezers etc.
X

Yeah me too, usually I can't wear nice dolly shoes wih no socks because my feet get too cold. Do the do a blood test to see if you've got it? X

Yeah me too, usually I can't wear nice dolly shoes wih no socks because my feet get too cold. Do the do a blood test to see if you've got it? X

I Think they did yeah! :) (had it done when I was 13 so a while back)
If it is raynauds they need to check whether is raynauds syndrome or Raynaud's disease...
Raynauds syndrome is just poor circulation.. Raynaud's disease causes other health problems :)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back