Aspirin worries!

Jessybabyy

Reaction score
I’ve just turned 36 weeks today and have been on aspirin since 12 weeks, on my aspirin packet it says to stop taking at 36 weeks but I read you should take it up to 37 weeks, I called the midwife and she didn’t know either, apparently the closer you come to delivery and still take them you can bleed and I’ve just lost my mucus plug today, can anyone help?! First time mum

I would just stop taking them until you talk to a GP or gynaecologist who knows about them! Aspirin does make the blood thinner and you're more likely to bleed more in case of an injury as your body can't coagulate the blood as easily with blood thinners.x

I’ve taken tonight’s dosage already, but will not take anymore until I’ve spoken to antenatal or my gp, thank you for your prompt reply x

I wouldn't just stop, but just lower the dosage. I was aspirin from 5 weeks with both my pregnancies, had 2 completely different births. I did bleed out with my first as my blood wasn't cloting which made me pass out and need blood transfusions, with my second it was completely fine and no complications. (took aspirin up to birth as my first was 2 weeks early and second was 5 weeks early) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back